Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

hello,
thx a lot for ur awesome guide 'install Yosemite on hp with clover EFI'.
i would like to ask u some help.

i have an existant fedora installation my disk is MBR partitionned so i used the mbr patch to install the yosemite with ur guide:

- yosemite on a hfs+ partion
- i copied EFI folder from the USB device to a fat32 partition

i can boot to OS X yosemite when i choose EFI boot or boot to grub when i choose normal boot

- i installed hp clover efi and everything work perfectly except :
* wifi : atheros 9285
* sound

Because you use FAT32 partition instead of EFI partition, PBI CE can't know the exact location of FAT32 partition thus the install will fail (though it will not report fail on 6.14.2).

You have to repatch your DSDT, install necessary kexts for your system manually. It is not covered in the guide so you have to discover by yourself.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

hello,
thx a lot for ur awesome guide 'install Yosemite on hp with clover EFI'.
i would like to ask u some help.

i have an existant fedora installation my disk is MBR partitionned so i used the mbr patch to install the yosemite with ur guide:

This is not supported and is against the rules of the site.

You should read them: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

Can the attached Panic Report be rectified and avoided, please?

Attachments

• Panic Report.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 118
Hello!

Can the attached Panic Report be rectified and avoided, please?

What causes it? What are you using for bluetooth?

Try without dart=0 slide=0

Note: -gux_defer_usb2 does nothing when GenericUSBXCHI.kext is not installed.

I don't use slide=0 in any config.plist. Clover auto adds it in booot process if AptioFixDrv is detected.

I don't use slide=0 in any config.plist. Clover auto adds it in booot process if AptioFixDrv is detected.

I don't think the issue is related to kernel sliding anyway, but yes, you're right:
Code:
    if (gDriversFlags.AptioFixLoaded && !DoHibernateWake) {
      // Add slide=0 argument for ML and Mavericks if not present
      CHAR16 *TempOptions = AddLoadOption(Entry->LoadOptions, L"slide=0");
      FreePool(Entry->LoadOptions);
      Entry->LoadOptions = TempOptions;
    }

My in-built Bluetooth is working but I'm still using a Wireless Bluetooth Mouse which uses a tiny Bluetooth receiver attached to my laptop.

I was using the system, left it for a while which made it Sleep. When I came back to enter my password, the laptop abruptly shutdown then I got the report when reached desktop.

I don't think the issue is related to kernel sliding anyway, but yes, you're right:
Code:
    if (gDriversFlags.AptioFixLoaded && !DoHibernateWake) {
      // Add slide=0 argument for ML and Mavericks if not present
      CHAR16 *TempOptions = AddLoadOption(Entry->LoadOptions, L"slide=0");
      FreePool(Entry->LoadOptions);
      Entry->LoadOptions = TempOptions;
    }

Sir, do you mean I should use that code in Terminal?

My in-built Bluetooth is working but I'm still using a Wireless Bluetooth Mouse which uses a tiny Bluetooth receiver attached to my laptop.

It is probably a bad idea to have multiple BT adapters.

I was using the system, left it for a while which made it Sleep. When I came back to enter my password, the laptop abruptly shutdown then I got the report when reached desktop.

Probably an issue with BTFirmwareUploader.kext. See here for better solution (open source vs. closed-source/ and [apparently] buggy BTFirmwareUploader.kext): http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...ware-into-broadcom-bluetooth-usb-devices.html

Note: Assumes you have BCM BT/WiFi...

Sir, do you mean I should use that code in Terminal?

No. It is C++ code from the source code of Clover. Just confirming nguyenmac's assertion.

Back