Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I'll let nguyenmac determine if everything in your Clover directory is from the PBI. I doubt it.

I've tried it both ways. I've tried it with the files I posted to you in the last post. I also tried it removing all the files.

I've tried it both ways. I've tried it with the files I posted to you in the last post. I also tried it removing all the files.

Your CLOVER folder has many other files not included in PBI CE. Did you run any other kind of Clover installer?

Your CLOVER folder has many other files not included in PBI CE. Did you run any other kind of Clover installer?

OK. I've started over, again.

This time I used my Yosemite installer from my macbook air (instead of the yosemite installer from my mac mini) to build my USB installer. I have reinstalled yosemite. I ran the pbi beta 6 and updated clover installer from inside clover config. Clover bootloader runs, I choose yosemite, and the screen just goes black. I have no way to get back into OSX. My EFI was completely empty, so any files loaded there now would be added by PBI. I have no idea what else to do but wipe the drive and start from absolute zero, but I don't think that's going to fix it.

OSX loads fine before I run pbi. I am going to post my NEW clover files from my most recent installation. Here's the full EFI folder. The only thing I added was the microsoft folder so I could boot windows and type this. everything else was pbi.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    40.9 MB · Views: 133

This time I used my Yosemite installer from my macbook air (instead of the yosemite installer from my mac mini) to build my USB installer. I have reinstalled yosemite. I ran the pbi beta 6 and updated clover installer from inside clover config. Clover bootloader runs, I choose yosemite, and the screen just goes black. I have no way to get back into OSX. My EFI was completely empty, so any files loaded there now would be added by PBI. I have no idea what else to do but wipe the drive and start from absolute zero, but I don't think that's going to fix it.

OSX loads fine before I run pbi. I am going to post my NEW clover files from my most recent installation. Here's the full EFI folder. The only thing I added was the microsoft folder so I could boot windows and type this. everything else was pbi.
What did you select in PBI CE?

I think the CLOVER usb is corrupted somehow (maybe because you turned the laptop off by power button).

Clear CLOVER partition and create it again.

Thank you. I cleared CLOVER partition, created it again, followed the rest of the guide and now all is well. Cheers!

EDIT: Regardng iMessage, from what I've read on here I can pretty much forget the possibility of it working, correct?

I don't understand, isn't this the step 14 in the guide?

No, step 14 is: "use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache and restart many times until it work."

This didn't work for me, I tried it several times. Perhaps it works in other models, but it didn't work for me in the 4540s.

RehabMan's recipe worked:
If find the most reliable method:
- repair permissions (Disk Utility)
- re-boot "without caches"
- rebuild cache soon after reaching the desktop (Kext Wizard)
- re-boot 2x (normally... eg. with caches)

The problem is that you updated Clover, and I suspect you selected "Patch DSDT only", that's why...

The problem is that you updated Clover, and I suspect you selected "Patch DSDT only", that's why...

I've tried it without updating clover and had the same problems I listed in the post above.

What would I only select patch dsdt only?

I selected all the appropriate boxes for my model (350) with 4400 graphics and a low resolution screen. I selected something from each major category in PBI. (as i can't get into osx to look at pbi, I can't remember what each one one is called).

Should I not update clover?

What steps should I take, because now everytime I run pbi, my laptop stops booting into OSX. It works fine before PBI, and stops after. Now I need to reinstall the operating system for a fourth time in 24 to try again. PBI installer used to work fine, now does not. So what am I doing wrong?

I've tried it without updating clover and had the same problems I listed in the post above.

What would I only select patch dsdt only?

I selected all the appropriate boxes for my model (350) with 4400 graphics and a low resolution screen. I selected something from each major category in PBI. (as i can't get into osx to look at pbi, I can't remember what each one one is called).

Should I not update clover?

What steps should I take, because now everytime I run pbi, my laptop stops booting into OSX. It works fine before PBI, and stops after. Now I need to reinstall the operating system for a fourth time in 24 to try again. PBI installer used to work fine, now does not. So what am I doing wrong?

You have to give me the troubleshooting files listed in #1 so I can investigate.

But you haven't given me the right one.

So now give me troubleshooting files again.

And here is the link for beta 5, if you want to test too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5c4smzc2nrt99n/HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 beta 5.zip?dl=0

hello,
thx a lot for ur awesome guide 'install Yosemite on hp with clover EFI'.
i would like to ask u some help.

i have an existant fedora installation my disk is MBR partitionned so i used the mbr patch to install the yosemite with ur guide:

- yosemite on a hfs+ partion
- i copied EFI folder from the USB device to a fat32 partition

i can boot to OS X yosemite when i choose EFI boot or boot to grub when i choose normal boot

- i installed hp clover efi and everything work perfectly except :
* wifi : atheros 9285
* sound

Back