Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Did you check other tabs? A screenshot may be helpful.

Not Sandy Bridge.

From your bootlog:
Code:
0:448  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz

Your ioreg and bootlog also shows no patched DSDT.

Note: You probably could have rescued your original install. But not when you're making guesses about basic hardware details.

It was definitely a lesson learned. Something I will pay more attention to in the future. When I started learning my hardware I was told that the i3 was the sandy and the i5 was ivy but as they tell me in school you need to verify your sources. Again thank you so much for your help I have learned a lot.

Hey guys, I have a problem. I plug my USB key into USB with Windows 7 EFI. I press ESC key then I press F9 I choose EFI then USB key > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi and it show me not Windows installation but clover bootloader and he boot OS X and no Windows installation. Why ? I followed the guide on this thread and installation USB key with Windows was created on Windows PC through Rufus software. Thanks for reply.

Hey guys, I have a problem. I plug my USB key into USB with Windows 7 EFI. I press ESC key then I press F9 I choose EFI then USB key > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi and it show me not Windows installation but clover bootloader and he boot OS X and no Windows installation. Why ? I followed the guide on this thread and installation USB key with Windows was created on Windows PC through Rufus software. Thanks for reply.

Sounds like you have Clover installed to that USB key. Use the "Win7 USB Download Tool" (from Microsoft) to create a proper Windows installer USB. Make sure you erase the USB entirely before using it with the tool.

Sounds like you have Clover installed to that USB key. Use the "Win7 USB Download Tool" (from Microsoft) to create a proper Windows installer USB. Make sure you erase the USB entirely before using it with the tool.

Sorry i forgot write one important thing I want to install Windows next to OS X. I want to play games on Windows and doing website and other things on OS X.

Sorry i forgot write one important thing I want to install Windows next to OS X. I want to play games on Windows and doing website and other things on OS X.

OK. That's fine, but rather irrelevant to the discussion.

OK. That's fine, but rather irrelevant to the discussion.
And when I have a dvd with Windows 7 can I install windows next to OS X with them ? Somewhere i read that Windows can rewrite MBR and i cant boot OS X. That is why I wanted to use EFI.

EDIT: please reply :)

And when I have a dvd with Windows 7 can I install windows next to OS X with them ? Somewhere i read that Windows can rewrite MBR and i cant boot OS X. That is why I wanted to use EFI.

EDIT: please reply :)

If you install Windows in EFI mode you can install to pure-GPT and boot it with Clover. It is all described in post #1. Note: Win7 requires CSM.

If you install Windows in EFI mode you can install to pure-GPT and boot it with Clover. It is all described in post #1. Note: Win7 requires CSM.
This is what I want. Install in EFI and boot it with clover. But my EFI USB wont boot windows installation but Clover and Then os x. If I will install Windows normally through dvd can I boot OS X with clover ?

This is what I want. Install in EFI and boot it with clover. But my EFI USB wont boot windows installation but Clover and Then os x. If I will install Windows normally through dvd can I boot OS X with clover ?

I don't believe the Windows7 DVD contains the UEFI files (or at least they are not in the right place). You could check it and see.

You need to install Windows in UEFI mode (which means booting the Windows installer in UEFI mode) to be able to boot it with Clover.

Please read the section on dual-booting Windows in post #1.

Back