HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU
2.59 GHz i5-3230m/HM-76 7 Series Ivy Bridge
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Another possibly related clue, with the older versions, I would occasionally get System Prefs opening randomly to ask about connecting a Bluetooth Keyboard (which I don't own, and my compatible wifi card doesn't support). I just closed it a handful of times.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, deleted all caches from Library in home folder and library in Mac HD.

I downloaded Mavericks months ago when I first set this computer up. I remember following the instructions carefully, so probably from the apple store. This OS worked just fine, albeit with an older Clover, until my motherboard swap.

I did retry booting from Clover USB stick again, hitting f4 again, launching PBI and was careful again, to select the suggested options. I didn't choose "Only DSDT".

I'm assuming when you say "start over", you're talking about the above process, as I have a working Windows 8.1 partition and a working Mavericks partition (when booted from Clover USB)

Problem persists. Curious though, that the boot hang was only 50/50 when I was using the Clover and PBI from almost 12 months ago.
By "start over", I mean fresh install of everything.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Another possibly related clue, with the older versions, I would occasionally get System Prefs opening randomly to ask about connecting a Bluetooth Keyboard (which I don't own, and my compatible wifi card doesn't support). I just closed it a handful of times.
This is covered in the guide.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU
2.59 GHz i5-3230m/HM-76 7 Series Ivy Bridge
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I think I'll start at step 7, and do a clean OSX install. My internet is sooo slow here, it'd take days to redownload and start from step one.

UPDATE: Tried that. Didn't fix the problem. I'm looking for older PBI's to see if I have some luck there.

I also tried JimAvrum's suggestion here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/111111-stuck-missing-bluetooth-controller-transport.html, just because it's the most common tip I've seen when googling my problem.

It worked. Sort of. Now it boots but the only screen resolution offered is 1024x768. Who knows what else might be off.

I was able to undo that "fix" through -s boot. And magically everything works now.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
It worked. Sort of. Now it boots but the only screen resolution offered is 1024x768. Who knows what else might be off.
Sounds like you're not injecting ig-platform-id (with PBI, this is done in DSDT).

I was able to undo that "fix" through -s boot. And magically everything works now.
Probably just needed to boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot.

Here's how to rebuild caches (for future):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
When I dissassemle I get this error message:
Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdtmod.dsl 3979: If (CondRefOf (FPED))
Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF

dsdtmod.dsl 28292:
Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input: dsdtmod.dsl - 28292 lines, 917450 bytes, 11191 keywords

I fixed this error " syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF" by comment
//If (CondRefOf (FPED))
//{
FPED ()
//}
but i got another error
FPED() syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG
I dissassemle in windows 7 so i don't have MaciASL.
Please help me to fix this error by hand.
My dsdt file:
View attachment dsdt.rar
Sorry for my poor english.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
When I dissassemle I get this error message:
Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdtmod.dsl 3979: If (CondRefOf (FPED))
Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF

dsdtmod.dsl 28292:
Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input: dsdtmod.dsl - 28292 lines, 917450 bytes, 11191 keywords

I fixed this error " syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF" by comment
//If (CondRefOf (FPED))
//{
FPED ()
//}
but i got another error
FPED() syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG
I dissassemle in windows 7 so i don't have MaciASL.
Please help me to fix this error by hand.
My dsdt file:
View attachment 167730
Sorry for my poor english.
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Note: Please DO NOT post duplicates.

Motherboard
Mavericks/Yosemite
CPU
4300m
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello, after the success of my PB 6470b with mavericks (thanks for your support and tools) i am trying with my wife´s 2570p (very similar hardware to my 6470b)

the installation went fine, but booting from the hdd after PBI CE installation i get the IOBLuetooth error, i will post a photo in a few hours

what may be the problem?

thank you

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, after the success of my PB 6470b with mavericks (thanks for your support and tools) i am trying with my wife´s 2570p (very similar hardware to my 6470b)

the installation went fine, but booting from the hdd after PBI CE installation i get the IOBLuetooth error, i will post a photo in a few hours

what may be the problem?

thank you
Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Motherboard
Mavericks/Yosemite
CPU
4300m
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.
there you have :)

Attachments