Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

View attachment 101067
Note, I put voodoo back on untill I can figure what to do in order to try and test sound through hdmi which was a fail but I do have speaker and headphone sound only by the voodoohda. Sorry I hope you can work around that and let me know what it is I need to get this working... Thanks in advance

Problems I see:
- your DSDT is not patched (looking at your bootlog, there is no sign of patched files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched; extracting DSDT from ioreg shows native/unpatched ProBook DSDT)
- power management is not correct; x86 platform plugin is not loaded (OEM SSDTs are present, and no custom SSDT, no sign of it loading in the bootlog)
- however, ACPIBatteryManager.kext is working which indicates you have a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext (from Snow Leopard). This will also break power management.
- as you know VoodooHDA is installed...

Fixing DSDT and SSDT will fix many problems and enable you to use patched AppleHDA...

Suggestion: Generate a SSDT with the ProBook Installer. Generate a patched DSDT with the ProBook Installer. See post #1 for instructions. Remove VoodooHDA.kext, restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

Read the link.

I appologize, I am unable to attatch file as it is too big... I can tell you that I am missing the HDA and HDAIDT files as I think they were removed by the voodoo installer that I found in order to bring sound to the probook. I have no other issue other than the sound now... is there a way you could point me to the direct kext i need and could install with kext wizard? I realize I would have to remove voodoohda, maybe a picture of my e folder would help???

Problems I see:
- your DSDT is not patched (looking at your bootlog, there is no sign of patched files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched; extracting DSDT from ioreg shows native/unpatched ProBook DSDT)
- power management is not correct; x86 platform plugin is not loaded (OEM SSDTs are present, and no custom SSDT, no sign of it loading in the bootlog)
- however, ACPIBatteryManager.kext is working which indicates you have a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext (from Snow Leopard). This will also break power management.

Fixing DSDT and SSDT will fix many problems and enable you to use patched AppleHDA...

Suggestion: Generate a SSDT with the ProBook Installer. Generate a patched DSDT with the ProBook Installer. See post #1 for instructions. Remove VoodooHDA.kext, restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

okay giving it a go now...

VoodooHDA does not remove HDAIDT, maybe you didn't use PBI CE at all?

I'd suggest a clean install, because your system is a mess now with all the "extra" things that you manually installed.

If a file is too big, you can upload somewhere and give me the link. FIY!

Problems I see:

Attempted dsdi and ssdt... out come was an inifinite boot. Had to reboot with usb in order to get to os... think I am going to try a fresh install again and come back and go from a fresh install...

Clean install. Wifi came out fine. Following guide to a T sound still not working installed the hda and hdaidt kext. Battery not showing. Was unable to boot from hdd after running the pro book clover edition. I had to mount efi and replace efi with the one I created at the beginning of the guide.(now it boots correctly(I think there is a problem with the pconfig) I am wondering that since I have the I3 version of the 4440s and not the I5 if I should not have ran the installer using the 4x3. I did a rebuild using kext wizard with no change in audio still. I will post my files for you as soon as I can access them.
View attachment Craig’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
new io reg

install log
View attachment install.log.zip
(sorry had to compress it)

View attachment AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip
My HDAIDT

Why do you select HP 4x40s Sandy Bridge when running PBI? What CPU do you have?

Why do you select HP 4x40s Sandy Bridge when running PBI? What CPU do you have?

I have a 4440s I believe it is sandy bridge, if I am wrong about that I suppose that could be the problem it is the i3 version... oh and battery is not working getting x'd out battery as well....

I have a 4440s I believe it is sandy bridge, if I am wrong about that I suppose that could be the problem it is the i3 version... oh and battery is not working getting x'd out battery as well....

"Believe" is never true. Post your CPU name here. If you can't even know what is in your laptop, don't expect everything will work.

"Belive" is never true. Post your CPU name here. If you can't even know what is in your laptop, don't expect everything will work.

I was pretty sure so I decided to verify for you and it "IS"

4440s ProBook
[h=2]Intel Core i3-2350M (PGA) specifications[/h]
The processor specs below are published with the permission from CPU-World.com. Please check CPU-World website for more detailed specifications.
Core i3-2350M (PGA) CPU
on CPU-World.com

[TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"] [TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"] [TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"] [TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"] [TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"] [TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"] [TR="class: row1"] [TR="class: row2"]
[h=3]General specs[/h]
Microarchitecture: Sandy Bridge
Core Name: Sandy Bridge
Manufacturing Process: 0.032 micron
Socket Type: Socket G2
The Number of Cores: 2
The Number of Threads: 4
Multiprocessing: Not supported
Frequency: 2.3 GHz
L1 Cache: 64 KB (code)
64 KB (data)
L2 Cache: 512KB