Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra 10.12.2 on the AsRock Z170 Pro4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed everything and I was able to finish Multibeast part. But after that I am unable to reboot to macos desktop. I attached a screenshot where you will see the loading is stuck at 2/3 of the bar! Tried multiple times but no luck!

Please help me out! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_6314.JPG
    IMG_6314.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 110
Followed everything and I was able to finish Multibeast part. But after that I am unable to reboot to macos desktop. I attached a screenshot where you will see the loading is stuck at 2/3 of the bar! Tried multiple times but no luck!

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
If you don't boot in verbose mode your pictures are meaningless.

Could you give me a bit more information than that ?
I only see the drives but i cant put them into a boot order.( I updated to the last possible UEFI Firmware)

I reloaded 5 times and got to the same screen as you (2/3 loaded). I was using internal graphics, Intel 510/530 with the correct drivers (I think). It would even boot from the USB no issues but not from the SSD. On my 6th clean reinstall I put in an older GeForce GPU I had laying around and loaded the NVIDIA drivers. Booted right up, no issues since. JT

late to the party, but for sleep wake try darkwake=8:) worked for me!
Odd, I've actually already tried all possible darkwake options. Could you please provide build details and your clover folder for me to compare ? Remember to change your generated serial number if you have done that.

Edit: never mind. You seem to have a Z270 board. On those sleep works for most people even with default darkwake settings.

Mind telling me how you accomplished this "black screen fix"
  • After you rebooted Open Terminal and enter this command (it is one line)
  • Arrow down to where you see For the iMac17,1 System Definition you'll have to Change all entries named 'config2' to 'none' to avoid your Screen going to sleep on boot. Save the file by pressing Ctrl+O, then enter. Exit by pressing Ctrl+X . (This will have to be done every time you update your custoMac. You can always boot into macOS using the boot arg: nv_disable=1 to edit the file).
  • Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands in terminal:
Exactly as outlined in the guide. The procedure has not changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back