Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using displayport cable with type-c adapter. AFAIK HDMI can't do 1440p 144hz.
P.S.: I have Samsung C27HG7q monitor.

HDMI 2.0 can, but I just remembered my monitor only has 1.4, that's why I didn't try that. Kind of a bad design to be honest but it was an early model (asus mg279q) :D

HDMI 2.0 can, but I just remembered my monitor only has 1.4, that's why I didn't try that. Kind of a bad design to be honest but it was an early model (asus mg279q) :D
I was about to try to lower the internal display rate and then set 144hz to external, but, apparently my rba is borked with factory defect where I cannot change refresh rate of laptop screen. See if you can do that in yours(first in synapse on windows, if available there option-click scaled radio button in display settings in macos).

I was about to try to lower the internal display rate and then set 144hz to external, but, apparently my rba is borked with factory defect where I cannot change refresh rate of laptop screen. See if you can do that in yours(first in synapse on windows, if available there option-click scaled radio button in display settings in macos).
I can change it in Windows, it won't let me if my external monitor is connected though. I'll try macOS tomorrow but I'm sure I did it when I was debugging my external monitor. I have the early 2019 advanced model.

Hi, i have a problem. I followed every step of this guide and now i wanted to install mac os to my Razer Blade 15 Andvanced gtx 1070 144hz 1080p, but when i boot into clover my usb dosn´t show up. I dont know what to do now. This is my second hackintosh and i didn´t have the problem on my first one.

@vettz500 I am wondering if you or anyone else here running Catalina get stable frame rate and resolution output working with external Monitors? the performance for me was so bad I moved to High Sierra just to have the NVidia graphics running. For reference I have a 4k Monitor.

Hi, i have a problem. I followed every step of this guide and now i wanted to install mac os to my Razer Blade 15 Andvanced gtx 1070 144hz 1080p, but when i boot into clover my usb dosn´t show up. I dont know what to do now. This is my second hackintosh and i didn´t have the problem on my first one.
Need more information, this posting is a bit confusing. You followed every step of the guide but can't install? Did you already do the install once? Or have you not done the install at all yet?

@vettz500 I am wondering if you or anyone else here running Catalina get stable frame rate and resolution output working with external Monitors? the performance for me was so bad I moved to High Sierra just to have the NVidia graphics running. For reference I have a 4k Monitor.
I've only briefly tested using an external screen with a USB-C to HDMI adapter. It was working fine for the short test with no issues, full 1080 60Hz Refresh Rate. Dealing with a problem using Open Core and shutting off the Nvidia card also shuts off the USB-C display function out too, which it shouldn't. Trying to resolve that currently.

I've only briefly tested using an external screen with a USB-C to HDMI adapter. It was working fine for the short test with no issues, full 1080 60Hz Refresh Rate. Dealing with a problem using Open Core and shutting off the Nvidia card also shuts off the USB-C display function out too, which it shouldn't. Trying to resolve that currently.

Thank you for the quick reply! Any reason that you and everyone else is moving to using OpenCore? Just trying to gauge if I should invest time into looking to move back to a higher MacOS version and also probably move away from Clover. Having an external 4k display working for me is priority so I will be holding off for a bit.

Thank you for the quick reply! Any reason that you and everyone else is moving to using OpenCore? Just trying to gauge if I should invest time into looking to move back to a higher MacOS version and also probably move away from Clover. Having an external 4k display working for me is priority so I will be holding off for a bit.
clover is "bloaty"

OpenCore is more streamlined

also the chaps that make lilu kexts and plugins are not going to be supporting their kexts in clover soon

clover is "bloaty"

OpenCore is more streamlined

also the chaps that make lilu kexts and plugins are not going to be supporting their kexts in clover soon

Thank you for your reply! - I will be closely following progress on that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back