Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a questions. What is the CPUFriend and how to use it (and is it rly increase battery life)?
Is anybody checked new voodoo kexts to work with drag'n'drop?

P.S. Now I'm waiting for Chinese adapter for apple SSD's from Aliexpress for checking.

I have a questions. What is the CPUFriend and how to use it (and is it rly increase battery life)?
Is anybody checked new voodoo kexts to work with drag'n'drop?

P.S. Now I'm waiting for Chinese adapter for apple SSD's from Aliexpress for checking.

read @unagi's post a couple of pages back about the new voodoo and drag&drop. I use three finger drag and that has worked before but the other options should work with the new version of voodoo as well.

Dragging windows by double tapping on them is what I mean. You can enable it by going into Accesibility settings > Mouse & trackpad > Trackpad options... and enabling dragging ("with no drag lock" is the option I'm using).

As for the patches, yes. The drivers can either work on polling or interrupts mode and-- as fas as I know-- the patches are needed to ensure the second one is used. I myself have verified that with the patches enabled I'm using interrupts. You can always go without patches and have a look at your system log to see if interrupts are used (unlikely).

This is very interesting! I'll give it a try and see... if this stays consistently true then maybe we are onto something!
Nice, thanks, last question about patching though:
Do I have to apply only the patches you've provided in that post recently? Or the one's in guide too(trackpad related) to ensure interrupt thing's used instead of polling?

Nice, thanks, last question about patching though:
Do I have to apply only the patches you've provided in that post recently? Or the one's in guide too(trackpad related) to ensure interrupt thing's used instead of polling?

Only do what he describes in his post and add the battery patch from the original guide. If you want to check if you are using interrupts, you can use this command in terminal and search for "Voodoo" in the output. Make sure to reboot your device beforehand. It should say what it's doing.

Code:
log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"' --last 10m | grep Voodoo

Look for something like this:

Code:
Loading GPIO Data for CannonLake-H
VoodooGPIO Init!
GPIO Controller! VoodooGPIOCannonLakeH
Registering hardware pin 69 for GPIO IRQ pin 82

Only do what he describes in his post and add the battery patch from the original guide. If you want to check if you are using interrupts, you can use this command in terminal and search for "Voodoo" in the output. Make sure to reboot your device beforehand. It should say what it's doing.

Code:
log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"' --last 10m | grep Voodoo

Look for something like this:

Code:
Loading GPIO Data for CannonLake-H
VoodooGPIO Init!
GPIO Controller! VoodooGPIOCannonLakeH
Registering hardware pin 69 for GPIO IRQ pin 82
It works, cheers!

Oh, new VoodooI2C drivers released here! There are 2 DSDT patches that need to be applied:

First, search for TPD0 under I2C0 and find the method called _CRS. Replace its contents with the following:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
Then search for SSCN and you should find it inside an IF statement. Once again we are only interested in the code under I2C0. Select this whole block and paste it outside the conditional so that it's always evaluated.

That's it, we are done! Apply any other patches you need, compile and save it as usual and then place it inside your ACPI/patched folder! Restart and you should have a functional touchpad.
I have an error.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 22.41.17.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 22.41.17.png
    375 KB · Views: 205
I have an error.

Don't change the contents of SSCN. What you need to do there is copy all that Scope(_SB.PCI0.I2C0) stuff in the screenshot outside of the if statement above it.

The stuff you pasted needs to go inside a method called _CRS. You will find that one more towards the top. Just search for it and make sure it is inside the right Scope (I2C0) because there is more than one.

Perfect - it's working good.

Just finished installing the Mojave. Everything works fine, except that the laptop doesn’t go to sleep when I shut the lid. In addition, I am not able to wake up the computer when it goes to sleep.

Just finished installing the Mojave. Everything works fine, except that the laptop doesn’t go to sleep when I shut the lid. In addition, I am not able to wake up the computer when it goes to sleep.
And the power button can’t make it sleep neither

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back