Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I finally got the Blade today, and got Mojave installed. The HP ssd works great :).

My only problem left is audio, like the person from earlier in the thread. I've attached my PR files, anything obvious that I missed @vettz500?

Thanks for the guide again, made this a 2 hour process, which is insane for a hack! :D

Attachments

• debug_24722.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Hey all. I finally got the Blade today, and got Mojave installed. The HP ssd works great :).

My only problem left is audio, like the person from earlier in the thread. I've attached my PR files, anything obvious that I missed @vettz500?

Thanks for the guide again, made this a 2 hour process, which is insane for a hack! :D

Have you tried using the other layout-id's as mentioned in the other post with this issue? Or adding the FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext?

Have you tried using the other layout-id's as mentioned in the other post with this issue? Or adding the FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext?
I have not. Those will be my next steps. Thanks! I'll report back if anything works.

No luck with any of the IDs or adding the 2 kexts unfortunately. Any other ideas? I could post my PR files again, but they haven't changed since last post (other than changed the layout_id).

No luck with any of the IDs or adding the 2 kexts unfortunately. Any other ideas? I could post my PR files again, but they haven't changed since last post (other than changed the layout_id).
The only thing you could do next is post in the AppleALC thread for laptops and see if someone has a fix for you. Or maybe try going through the AppleALC guide yourself and see if just redoing all the steps solves the issue.

I'm not sure what changed between High Sierra and Mojave that would cause audio to stop working.

Alternatively, you could use VoodooHDA to get audio working. It's not perfect, but it could get it working until we figure out what the deal is with Mojave.

Most of the software I used on a daily basis has recently released updates for Mojave compatibility, just waiting on one more major one to release an update. Hoping it happens in the next week or 2 so I can jump over to Mojave and help knock this out for everyone.

Alternatively, you could use VoodooHDA to get audio working. It's not perfect, but it could get it working until we figure out what the deal is with Mojave.

Most of the software I used on a daily basis has recently released updates for Mojave compatibility, just waiting on one more major one to release an update. Hoping it happens in the next week or 2 so I can jump over to Mojave and help knock this out for everyone.
Sounds good, I appreciate the help. I'll keep going at it in the mean time and see if I get anywhere. Everything else works great though! I hope a fix for the backlight bug comes out eventually though, that one is definitely annoying.

@vettz500 Hey have you had any problems with the Blade waking up from sleep after sleeping for a while (like overnight - 24 hours-ish)? My sleep works fine if I wake it up after a few minutes to an hour, so its definitely not completely broken. When it doesn't work the screen just stays black (its not the backlight problem either, I checked it with a flashlight). I'm pretty sure I disabled hibernate too, unless the command didn't work for some reason.

Throwing my PR files here for completeness sake.

Attachments

• debug_31427.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
Also want to add that I was able to make a little progress on audio in Mojave. Andres over at insanelymac helped me out to get closer. I was able to get the speakers working by setting "device-id" for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) to 70A10000. My layout-id is 29 still. This got my speakers working, but using headphones sounds super distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back