Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Intel UHD630 Graphics support in macOS 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what you're referring to.
sorry, I didn't tell you. I follow the instructions:
64MB should be fine for FHD.
Start with the config for 620/630, but remove FakeID and ig-platform-id entries (+KBL patches in KextsToPatch).
Of course, you must fill SMBIOS data for MBP15,2. Also remember the -no_compat_check flag.

thats why I delete "kext patch KBL graphics frame buffer". i thought it would affect in some way, isn't it?

sorry, I didn't tell you. I follow the instructions:

thats why I delete "kext patch KBL graphics frame buffer". i thought it would affect in some way, isn't it?

But I have no idea what patches you're referring to.

You really should try SKL spoofing. CFL native is a bit tricky at this point as it requires a special build of macOS High Sierra, or Mojave.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 6.27.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 6.27.17 PM.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 231
the patches that are on your config.plist
see picture attached.

No idea which config.plist you're referring to.
You will need to mention the actual name as used in github.

No idea which config.plist you're referring to.
You will need to mention the actual name as used in github.
sorry, you are right.

I was talking about this "config_HD615_620_630_640_650"

sorry, you are right.

I was talking about this "config_HD615_620_630_640_650"

The only patch that isn't already disabled is the 32mb DVMT patch (marked "0x591b0000, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)").

The other patches are already disabled, therefore removing them will have no effect.

Note that you will likely need the 32MB patch if you're trying to use the KBL framebuffer kext with 32mb DVMT-prealloc instead of the required DMVT-prealloc setting of 64mb assumed by the kext.

Note that you will likely need the 32MB patch if you're trying to use the KBL framebuffer kext with 32mb DVMT-prealloc instead of the required DMVT-prealloc setting of 64mb assumed by the kext.

ok, but are you talking about the AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext and if is a yes, do I need to uninstall that and install another one in order to be able to install new HS supplemental update 2?

I just saw a post of you
You really should try SKL spoofing. CFL native is a bit tricky at this point as it requires a special build of macOS High Sierra, or Mojave.

To do that do I need to creat a new usb installer with this config.plist "config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof" and reinstall OSX?

ok, but are you talking about the AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext and if is a yes, do I need to uninstall that and install another one in order to be able to install new HS supplemental update 2?

It all depends on what you're trying to do.
If you're trying to use native CFL framebuffer kext, requires a matching configuration for that kext.
If you're trying to use spoofing as KBL, requires matching SKL configuration (+ FakePCIID kexts).

I just saw a post of you

To do that do I need to creat a new usb installer with this config.plist "config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof" and reinstall OSX?

No need to re-install. It is just a config.plist change. Compare the files and you'll see.

It all depends on what you're trying to do.

Ok so, i just want to have acceleration graphics on my laptops. Wich one is the easiest way to get it? Spoofing to KBL or SKL ooor native compatibility updating to supplemental update 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back