Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
@viorel78 thanks for helping out again! :headbang:

@Css13 do yourself a favour and stay with OpenCore. I will definitely go out and learn more about it. I will make a new USB-Stick and install Big Sur on a second nVme Strip just to have some more practice with OC. I think dortanias guide is a good place to start.
I see. I don't know OpenCore, but I'll give it a try. I'll probably update my DeskMini 310 to Big Sur in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing the guide!

What exactly is failing? I too upgraded to Big Sur yesterday with OC 0.6.1 but failed first because of Boot Security, so I disabled the Security setting in config.plist and Big Sure installed without problem. But now I have to look how I can upgrade my OC to the recent 0.6.3 because this is what is recommended for Big sure. Any Tips on these? TIA
What exactly do you disable? I made the scan policy set to 0 already.

As for open core 0.6.3, I don't find any problem in upgrading ( I mean in another built MSI Z370 with Big Sur). I usually use the Sanity check to make sure it fit the configuration.

Last edited:
What exactly do you disable? I made the scan policy set to 0 already.
If you have the same problem then I had (reboot-loop before the end of Big Sur upgrade) then you must in your config.plist under Security set SecureBootModel to "Disabled", but I recommend to build upon the provided OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI from @viorel78

If you have the same problem then I had (reboot-loop before the end of Big Sur upgrade) then you must in your config.plist under Security set SecureBootModel to "Disabled", but I recommend to build upon the provided OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI from @viorel78
Thanks, I will try when I back home.

Thanks, I will try when I back home.
My case is not reboot loop. In the initial install phase, when first reboot, it goes to the shut down page again instead of reboot. It is rare. I have other Hackintosh like MSI Z370 board have not encounter this problem.

My case is not reboot loop. In the initial install phase, when first reboot, it goes to the shut down page again instead of reboot. It is rare. I have other Hackintosh like MSI Z370 board have not encounter this problem.
I cannot relate to this. But I recommend using the EFI from @viorel78 as recommended above. Just add your credentials and put it in your EFI-Partition of your Deskmini 310 Boot-Device. Works for me.

on the start of this thread is very old. try Open core atached oc_0.6.1 for macmini8.1 only *add your #Generic# in config

Can you help me, i add the Genetric but my deskmini do not show any S/N and Model name in "about this mac"
this is only one issuse for me, i hope to hear you soon! thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 03.46.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 03.46.08.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 106
Can you help me, i add the Genetric but my deskmini do not show any S/N and Model name in "about this mac"
this is only one issuse for me, i hope to hear you soon! thanks

Looks like you haven't used the EFI from @viorel78 which is customised to Mac mini(2018), should look more like this, also there are placeholder-values instead of a serial-number which you should insert in config.plist:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-17 um 13.17.43.png

THIS is my config, hope some one can help me, thanks :3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 05.06.21.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 05.06.21.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 126
edit: nevermind. My speaker appears to be broken. No left channel even in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back