Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trouble updating my deskmini 310 to 64GB (2x32GB) RAM. While the deskmini and clover works fine with 2 x 16GB 2666 Modules, my new 2 x 32GB Modules gets recognised in the deskmini BIOS, but starting clover it only gets to the Apple logo and stalls there...

Do i have to change something in the config.plist or else to get these rolling? My EFI Folder is the same from the start of this thread. Thanks for any help in advance...

I have trouble updating my deskmini 310 to 64GB (2x32GB) RAM. While the deskmini and clover works fine with 2 x 16GB 2666 Modules, my new 2 x 32GB Modules gets recognised in the deskmini BIOS, but starting clover it only gets to the Apple logo and stalls there...

Do i have to change something in the config.plist or else to get these rolling? My EFI Folder is the same from the start of this thread. Thanks for any help in advance...
on the start of this thread is very old. try Open core
atached oc_0.6.1 for macmini8.1 only *add your #Generic# in config

Attachments

• tmOC_0.6.1_EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 276
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 20.57.43.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 20.57.43.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 183
Thanks a lot @viorel78 , I used your OC EFI and copied over my "generic" credentials as told. All looks very good so far, the machine seems a bit snappier, and my problem - 64GB (2 x 32) RAM is solved. Works great!

BTW: Can I update to BigSur Beta with OC?

test.png

BTW: Has anyone already tested the new Deskmini H470? :cool:

I have difficulty upgrade to Big Sur. Do anyone success in doing so. I used OC 0.6.3 but fail in the process.

What exactly is failing? I too upgraded to Big Sur yesterday with OC 0.6.1 but failed first because of Boot Security, so I disabled the Security setting in config.plist and Big Sure installed without problem. But now I have to look how I can upgrade my OC to the recent 0.6.3 because this is what is recommended for Big sure. Any Tips on these? TIA

OC 0.6.4 *USB is fixed via acpi binarypatch do not need usbport(usbmap).kext. replace generic with your numbers

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 241
@viorel78 Do you think it's possible to use Big Sur with Clover instead of OpenCore? :think:

@viorel78 thanks for helping out again! :headbang:

@viorel78 Do you think it's possible to use Big Sur with Clover instead of OpenCore? :think:

@Css13 do yourself a favour and stay with OpenCore. I will definitely go out and learn more about it. I will make a new USB-Stick and install Big Sur on a second nVme Strip just to have some more practice with OC. I think dortanias guide is a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back