Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to check your config.plist ... can you share it pls?

this is config for OpenCore 0.5.8

here you go, the magic is the boot args, i have tried in clover as well, by adding this boot args, dual screen works on clover as well.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.08.19 PM.png

* for those of you having issues with dp port (if you happen to use a converter) i can confirm you, its either your cable or converter is causing the issue, not the setup(i brought about 3 cables before i figure this out), hope that helps you

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.4 KB · Views: 81
Interessting … can already say that igfxfw=2 is missing on my side. Will try this in the evening. Thanks! :thumbup:

let me know if it goes

The boot args didn't brought anything new BUT: you 're using the same graphics device properties in your config I used in Clover and 10.15.3

And now it works! I have some heavy on/off switching/flickering (maybe 5 times) at the end of the boot procedure before the desktop is finally shown, but at the end everything is nice. The same behavior I had in Clover.

Instead of 1536MB graphics memory now it's set to 2048MB in the about Mac info. That's probably wrong?

@Jasonnz2018
Why you configured an iMac 19,1 instead of a Mac mini 8.1?

@viorel78
What do you think about this?

settings in your config:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 18.09.22.png

My (and others) settings where dual monitors are working:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 18.03.16.png

I am stuck at the last 2 minutes of the installation then I get an error as shown on the attachment on Catalina 10.15.4, my time is correct on the installation (just FYI) the build is a 310, i7-9700k (awaiting an i7-8700) 120gb Inland 2.5 SSD, Broadcom DW1560, 12gb 4+8GB SODIMM, I used the EFI listed on the 1st page of this thread which is also attached. I plugged in the USB stick to the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports directly connected to the MB and same issue

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 71
The boot args didn't brought anything new BUT: you 're using the same graphics device properties in your config I used in Clover and 10.15.3

And now it works! I have some heavy on/off switching/flickering (maybe 5 times) at the end of the boot procedure before the desktop is finally shown, but at the end everything is nice. The same behavior I had in Clover.

Instead of 1536MB graphics memory now it's set to 2048MB in the about Mac info. That's probably wrong?

@Jasonnz2018
Why you configured an iMac 19,1 instead of a Mac mini 8.1?

@viorel78
What do you think about this?

settings in your config:
View attachment 470538

My (and others) settings where dual monitors are working:
View attachment 470536
19.1 is recommended on open core

So is that all ur changers to make it work?

I am stuck at the last 2 minutes of the installation then I get an error as shown on the attachment on Catalina 10.15.4, my time is correct on the installation (just FYI) the build is a 310, i7-9700k (awaiting an i7-8700) 120gb Inland 2.5 SSD, Broadcom DW1560, 12gb 4+8GB SODIMM, I used the EFI listed on the 1st page of this thread which is also attached. I plugged in the USB stick to the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports directly connected to the MB and same issue
take your wifi card out when you do the install, as that could cause issues, just put it back after everything is install is better

So is that all ur changers to make it work?
Yes, it is ... I switched the device properties only.
But another thing I forgot: like in my Clover install (beside the non-compliant Mac-mini gpu memory config) in Hackintool "(mobile)" is added to the graphics device name now.

19.1 is recommended on open core

Never read about this. iMac19.1 is mainly used for Coffe Lake but Macmini8.1 is not wrong. IMHO it depends on your hardware. There is no iMac19.1 with an i7 8700. In addition the iMac19.1 uses a Radeon gpu. Macmini8.1 fits better for Deskmini. It's also the question if this makes a big difference to OpenCore. I'm not sure ...

Last edited:
Yes, it is ... I switched the device properties only.
But another thing I forgot: like in my Clover install (beside the non-compliant Mac-mini gpu memory config) in Hackintool "(mobile)" is added to the graphics device name now.

Never read about this. iMac19.1 is mainly used for Coffe Lake but Macmini8.1 is not wrong. IMHO it depends on your hardware. There is no iMac19.1 with an i7 8700. In addition the iMac19.1 uses a Radeon gpu. Macmini8.1 fits better for Deskmini. It's also the question if this makes a big difference to OpenCore. I'm not sure ...
Sorry I didn’t explain I’m on a coffee lake cpu that’s why I was config as 19.1 maybe I try 8.1 because I having issues that my screen sometimes non stop flicking, maybe that’s the issue, can u share ur config I want to double check what u have done, may help me out cheers

My CPU is Coffe Lake too ... no problems so far - everything works nicely with Macmini8,1.

Here is my EFI ... it's basically viorel78's. I added only some settings for Filevault. Plattform>Generic is empty ...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back