Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6

@pixelblender
Get it here

@miliuco thank you so much sir for your 0.9.1 attachment, it worked flawlessly! It even works well with Ventura 13.5 usb installer.

However for 0.9.4 I'm not sure what I did wrong because I got kernel panic when I launched Ventura installer and my with my desktop the usb mouse won't work, I think some of the USB ports are not detected.

One notable difference is that in 0.9.1 you also included SSDT-BRG0.dsl and SSDT-DMAR.aml in ACPI. I copied them over to 0.9.4 but still got the same hang.

Last edited:
@pixelblender
Sorry, have been out for a few days.
Try this EFI, it's 0.9.4. Forget SSDT-BRG0 and SSDT-DMAR, we go without them.
This EFI boots fine my Ventura with only iGPU (without RX 6600), my motherboard is the same as yours.
Note >> BIOS:
  • Initial Display Output: IGFX
  • Internal Graphics: Enabled.
I guess you have them already set.
Don't forget to set your own serials and ROM, for iMac19,1 SMBIOS.

Try and comment.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 95
Sorry for the late reply, I just got the chance to take a look now.

@miliuco Thank you for the 0.9.4 attachment but unfortunately it's the same result as the other 0.9.4 that you posted in the Sonoma beta thread.

On my end:
  • When I put the 0.9.4 in the EFI of my hdd macOS, my mouse and keyboard are not working. I'm guessing the USB 2.0 are not mapped properly (or the other way around that 3.0 are not working but 2.0 does). Either way not all USB ports are working.
  • When I put the 0.9.4 in the EFI of my Ventura 13.5 usb installer I get these
  • photo_2023-08-23_22-25-56.jpg
    photo_2023-08-23_22-25-53.jpg
Not sure what the images are trying to show. It looks like a cd-rom drive? or power switch? lol.

Anyways I reverted them back to your 0.9.1 since it worked well on both macOS hdd and usb installer. Thank you so much for sharing your EFI and I really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, I just got the chance to take a look now.

@miliuco Thank you for the 0.9.4 attachment but unfortunately it's the same result as the other 0.9.4 that you posted in the Sonoma beta thread.

On my end:
  • When I put the 0.9.4 in the EFI of my hdd macOS, my mouse and keyboard are not working. I'm guessing the USB 2.0 are not mapped properly (or the other way around that 3.0 are not working but 2.0 does). Either way not all USB ports are working.
  • When I put the 0.9.4 in the EFI of my Ventura 13.5 usb installer I get these
  • View attachment 570652View attachment 570651
Not sure what the images are trying to show. It looks like a cd-rom drive? or power switch? lol.

Anyways I reverted them back to your 0.9.1 since it worked well on both macOS hdd and usb installer. Thank you so much for sharing your EFI and I really appreciate it!

Cheers!
@pixelblender,

Okay. If the USB config you have doesn't work with the first EFI setup, you may have to also add and enable OpenUSBKbDxe.efi in the OC/Drivers folder. If it isn't included in your current EFI, you'll have to download it from an Opencore 0.9.4 Release package and copy it over from the zipped X64 folder. > https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases
This driver should allow you to at least logon onto the system after booting up.

If that doesn't work, then your other option is to disable any current custom USB maps ie. USBPorts/USBMap/UTBMap and use only USBInjectAll and/or with this USB keyboard driver.

As for the two images, they are are of the Macbook and the underneath of the Apple Magic Mouse. They pop up when macOS is asking to connect to a Bluetooth input device. The image they are showing is simply asking you to switch them on.

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.1

There are 4 config.plist files for different SMBIOS:

• config-13-imac-amd.plist: iMac19,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • config-13-imac-intel.plist: iMac19,1 + iGPU enabled in BIOS as main card
  • config-13-imacpro.plist: iMacPro1,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • config-13-macpro.plist: MacPro7,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS.

Remember to fill in your serial and ROM numbers (they are empty).

Note: UTBMap.kext (next to USBToolBox.kext) is made for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite. If you have a different motherboard, you must have your own USB ports map.

Last edited:
First, thanks for a great thread and walkthrough.

It has been a few years since I worked out Big Sur and never wanted to mess with success as everything just worked flawlessly. Still does, mostly. Mostly, because I upgraded the rx580 in it to an rx6600. And that has led to some very weird behavior. I still have the OC and Big Sur unadulterated, only changing the card. HDMI works. DP does not. It did before the upgrade with the rx580.

I have successfully installed Monterrey, Ventura, played with Sonoma a bit, but all have the same problem and I have tried all kinds of things to get it fixed; displays connected via display port do not work. The card has two HDMI and two DP but, at most, the two HDMI will function properly. I had used DP->HDMI cables, replaced them with DP->DP and nope. Monitors will work HDMI and not DP. I have 3 so only two can work. I really would like to figure out how to fix this. I have been through multiple EFI versions, added and removed flags, and seen the problem continue to replicate with filled in versions of all the iMacPro1,1 (as has been rock solid in Big Sur because the KF has no iGPU) and it will not work throughout this series of EFI posts.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
@beltedgalloways
Navi 23 (6600 and 6600 XT) work since Monterey 12.1. But you have already tried Ventura and Sonoma so macOS version is not the issue.
My RX 6600 XT has 3 DP and 1 HDMI, all of them work as expected but I have only 1 monitor.
Post here the config.plist file, the one you are trying with the RX 6600.

@miliuco
The current configuration is attached. Thanks very much for taking the time to look into it; I am completely perplexed. I tried to let just about everything be done natively though I have also tried the patch bits also to no avail.

Attachments

• config-anonUL.plist
    21.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back