Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6

@miliuco
The current configuration is attached. Thanks very much for taking the time to look into it; I am completely perplexed. I tried to let just about everything be done natively though I have also tried the patch bits also to no avail.
For what it is worth, I think I figured it out. A while back, one of the posed solutions involved a Bridge (SSDT_BRG0) to account for a missing ACPI device. This finally extended the port set to all four ports. Still don't entirely understand what is unique about this card and the required solution but it seems to work very well.

@beltedgalloways
Glad to read you. I’m out of home so I did not see your config. So, SSDT-BRG0 has fixed your issue. Congratulations.

For what it is worth, I think I figured it out. A while back, one of the posed solutions involved a Bridge (SSDT_BRG0) to account for a missing ACPI device. This finally extended the port set to all four ports. Still don't entirely understand what is unique about this card and the required solution but it seems to work very well.
In fact, perhaps too well. Not sure if I believe this.

1699649436923.png

Hi! I have recently upgraded from a RX 580 to RX 6600. Z390 Elite motherboard with Intel i7 coffee lake chipset.

I have managed to get the new video card working, but it takes some time on black screen before showing the login screen after boot. Also, sometime the boot fails and only returns after NVRAM reset.

Here is my config file for OC 0.9.6 release, if someone could help me to review it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi! I have recently upgraded from a RX 580 to RX 6600. Z390 Elite motherboard with Intel i7 coffee lake chipset.

I have managed to get the new video card working, but it takes some time on black screen before showing the login screen after boot. Also, sometime the boot fails and only returns after NVRAM reset.

Here is my config file for OC 0.9.6 release, if someone could help me to review it.
remove:
debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
for a faster boot

and you can also disabled these:

Code:
<key>AppleDebug</key>
            <true/>
            <key>ApplePanic</key>
            <true/>

Thank you! I have compared my config with miliuco's 0.9.4 EFI and I see there are a lot of differences. Even though I have managed to get this working for quite a long time now, I am not an expert and I hope there aren't many mistakes in my config...

remove:
debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
for a faster boot

and you can also disabled these:

Code:
<key>AppleDebug</key>
            <true/>
            <key>ApplePanic</key>
            <true/>
Made the changes, but the login issue is still quite the same. The screen goes black for about a minute before showing up correctly. Also, it required me a NVRAM reset to log in =/

Even though, thanks for the advice.

Made the changes, but the login issue is still quite the same. The screen goes black for about a minute before showing up correctly. Also, it required me a NVRAM reset to log in correctly =/

Even though, thanks for the advice.
yes, you should reset nvram when you make any EFI or BIOS changes

what make and model nvme/ssd do you have?

It is a crucial 1tb M2 NVME

@Slaegust
I would try my EFI or config.plist. Your hardware is almost the same as mine so it should work fine. You have to add the kexts you use for Bluetooth since you have a different chipset than mine.

In my opinion, these settings are not necessary:
  • Important! >> you have agdpmod=pickera, it's agdpmod=pikera
  • SSDT-HPET.aml not required
  • ACPI >> Patch >> none of them
  • DeviceProperties >> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) >> it's the sound, right? You have layout-id=1, in my mobo 7 is the best value. This is redundant with alcid=1 in boot args, remove one of the 2, for example remove the boot arg and leave only layout-id or vice versa
  • DeviceProperties >> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) >> you only have AAPL,ig-platform-id=07009B3E, I think the iGPU works better with some more values, look at this thread and get the values for headless iGPU mode
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext is not needed on my system, try without it
  • Change SecureBootModel from Default to x86legacy, specific to SMBIOS of models without chip T2 (such as iMac19.1)
  • Remove debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 from boot args, according to @Feartech.
Comment if the long black screen improves.

Remember that you must always have an EFI that works and can boot macOS (on USB or another disk) in case the one you are testing fails.

ResetNVRAM the first time you boot a modified EFI.

Back