Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6

Should i update bios to F10?

Ok i updated the bios to F10 and with default settings i can see all the boot sequence.
I tried to boot on Ventura but i was stuck at Apple logo;
Then i used your settings for the bios but now i can't see the devices on boot sequence :(

• CFG Lock: Disabled
  • CSM: Disabled
  • VT-d: Disabled
  • Fast Boot: Disabled
  • OS Type: Windows 8/10 WHQL
  • Platform Power Management: Disabled
  • XHCI Hand-Off: Enabled
  • Network Stack: Disabled
  • Wake on LAN: Disabled
  • Secure Boot: Disabled
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated: 256M or higher
  • Integrated Graphics: Disabled / Enabled (according to SMBIOS)

Ok, i tried to enable CSM and i can see all the boot sequence but i cannot boot into MacOS (Windows 10 works); i'll try to reinstall Ventura

Ok i got it, probably i have a problem with Opencore. I can boot on Ventura only with the bootable pendrive insert.
Did i made some mistake with OC?

@markmn89
CSM is for legacy hardware, your motherboard is UEFI so macOS needs CSM disabled to boot. I suggest to keep CSM disabled.
Pick ResetNVRAM in the OC menu. Does it make any difference?
Does macOS boot fine from the USB stick?

@markmn89
CSM is for legacy hardware, your motherboard is UEFI so macOS needs CSM disabled to boot. I suggest to keep CSM disabled.
Pick ResetNVRAM in the OC menu. Does it make any difference?
Does macOS boot fine from the USB stick?
Fixed!
Don't know why, the EFI folder was empty; i mounted the efi partition and paste the files there!
Now everything is working smoothly (probably i got some problems with usb ports but i'll fix another time).
Geekbench score is
OpenCL Score

Is that good?

@markmn89
Glad to read you. Enjoy.
I see only one score. It’s Metal on GB 5, right? It’s a good score. Sometimes you can get 75000. But around 70000 most of the times.

Yes, gb5!
Last thing: is it possible to add second nvme with windows 10 on opencore?
(Also got some problems with front usb)

is it possible to add second nvme with windows 10 on opencore?
(Also got some problems with front usb)
Yes, it depends of the motherboard, not OC. I have 2 NVMe, one for macOS and one for Windows 11, OC can boot both entries from the picker.

USB issue are commonly related to the USB port mapping. My map can have issues on your motherboard. Do you have your own USB port map?

Back