Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update not advised. Do fresh install to secondary partition.

Currently there is an issue with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Must use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead.

Actually, I have a modified OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with success on one machine so far... Details: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/#entry2166824

On verbose boot of the created usb stick (createmedia), it gives a bluetooth transport setup error then goes nowhere after that @_@

On verbose boot of the created usb stick (createmedia), it gives a bluetooth transport setup error then goes nowhere after that @_@

I'm not clairvoyant.

Boot verbose, show photo.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

I'm not clairvoyant.

Boot verbose, show photo.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

So first it stops at the verbose screen for 10 minutes
Then it just goes back to the loading screen with the loading bar for 30+ minutes with no movement or reading the usb (light on usb not showing read)
Alternatively, if I boot in verbose mode with the update, it gives a com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) abnormal code 255

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20150910_142637.jpg
    IMG_20150910_142637.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20150910_143007.jpg
    IMG_20150910_143007.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20150910_144022.jpg
    IMG_20150910_144022.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 65
So first it stops at the verbose screen for 10 minutes
Then it just goes back to the loading screen with the loading bar for 30+ minutes with no movement or reading the usb (light on usb not showing read)

EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong.

Guide does not call for GenericUSBXHCI.kext. GenericUSBXHCI.kext does not work on 10.11.
Guide does not call for HwInfo.kext.

EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 directory is empty. kexts/Other is ignored. No kexts will be injected. Guide calls for removing all version specific directories leaving only kexts/Other.

Profile lacks information on screen resolution. If you have the UHD screen, config.plist is wrong as config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel must be false to boot without patched IOKit. Please fix your profile to include screen resolution in 'Graphics'. And... fix config.plist if you have the UHD screen....

EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong.

Guide does not call for GenericUSBXHCI.kext. GenericUSBXHCI.kext does not work on 10.11.
Guide does not call for HwInfo.kext.

EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 directory is empty. kexts/Other is ignored. No kexts will be injected. Guide calls for removing all version specific directories leaving only kexts/Other.

Profile lacks information on screen resolution. If you have the UHD screen, config.plist is wrong as config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel must be false to boot without patched IOKit. Please fix your profile to include screen resolution in 'Graphics'. And... fix config.plist if you have the UHD screen....

Mine is just full HD 1920*1080 (still can't figure out how to put it in profile)
So you're saying move the kexts into 10.11?

Mine is just full HD 1920*1080 (still can't figure out how to put it in profile)

Simple. Type the text in "Graphics" in your main profile.

So you're saying move the kexts into 10.11?

No -- none of the version specific directories should exist. Correct EFI/Clover/kexts setup is covered in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html. Specific recommendations for this laptop in post #1.

Rehabman,
So on 10.11, before anything is patched, the fn keys work oob
Is there a way not to patch the keyboard mapping, since it works fine without patch?

Rehabman,
So on 10.11, before anything is patched, the fn keys work oob
Is there a way not to patch the keyboard mapping, since it works fine without patch?

No idea what you're referring to. The brightness keys will not work without patched ACPI.

No idea what you're referring to. The brightness keys will not work without patched ACPI.

Hmmm, interesting. So I did a install over Yosemite. Re-patched everything, and ALL the Fn keys work! I mean including the F6 touchpad disable as well. PrtSc doesn't work though, which seems odd (one is fixed, the other isn't).

The weird USB mouse problem still is there though. I assume it's still being detected as a non-removable usb mouse even with the new USB stack.

On boot, right before it shows the desktop, it does a sorta weird graphic glitch, where multiple apples (hazy) are shown with multiple hazy progress bars. This used to be gone after patching in yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back