Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've replaced AppleHDA.kext

Is there a way to revert to the original one?

Use the OS X installer to refresh all system kexts to vanilla. Just install over top of your existing partition without erasing.

Or to your version?

This guide uses vanilla AppleHDA, config.plist patches, DSDT patches, and AppleHDA injector kext to enable audio for Realtek ALC283.

Use the OS X installer to refresh all system kexts to vanilla. Just install over top of your existing partition without erasing.

This guide uses vanilla AppleHDA, config.plist patches, DSDT patches, and AppleHDA injector kext to enable audio for Realtek ALC283.

I have found my backup AppleHDA.kext and copied it to /S/L/E also rerun your scripts, but HDEF@3 won't change to HDAU. Also checked Clover config to be the same as yours. Now HDMI audio seems to work but the internal speakers are not recognised.

I've run these commands:
Code:
make cleanall
make patch
make
make install

View attachment files.zip

I have found my backup AppleHDA.kext and copied it to /S/L/E also rerun your scripts, but HDEF@3 won't change to HDAU. Also checked Clover config to be the same as yours. Now HDMI audio seems to work but the internal speakers are not recognised.

I've run these commands:
Code:
make cleanall
make patch
make
make install

View attachment 150300

Still serious issues with your audio setup. Do a fresh install.

Still serious issues with your audio setup. Do a fresh install.

Can you give a link where I can find information about installing OSX over an existing installation I don't want to loose my data if possible.

Can you give a link where I can find information about installing OSX over an existing installation I don't want to loose my data if possible.

You should have a backup of your data (hard drives can fail at any time). You can try first installing over top of your existing partition without erasing... see what happens. If it doesn't fix it, make sure you have a recent backup of your data, then start fresh by installing to an erased partition.

Guys,

I saw that you could unlock the Y50 bios 2.01 to modify the DVMT to 128mb.

Could you please guide to me to start this process, I have the same problem with my display and I don't know where start.

Thank you.

Guys,

I saw that you could unlock the Y50 bios 2.01 to modify the DVMT to 128mb.

Could you please guide to me to start this process, I have the same problem with my display and I don't know where start.

Thank you.

AFAIK, last version of bios you can modify DVMT is 1.14
You can freely update bios after that

Rehabman,
I'm trying to do an update from Yosemite to El Capitan GM Candidate
When i used the downloaded app, rebooted, and chose the "Install OSX" partition, the apple sign showed up without loading bar
Then after 30 seconds, an error sign shows up
Clover bootloader on both USB and on HDD partition are newest (3259). Any idea why this is happening?

Rehabman,
I'm trying to do an update from Yosemite to El Capitan GM Candidate
When i used the downloaded app, rebooted, and chose the "Install OSX" partition, the apple sign showed up without loading bar
Then after 30 seconds, an error sign shows up
Clover bootloader on both USB and on HDD partition are newest (3259). Any idea why this is happening?

Update not advised. Do fresh install to secondary partition.

Currently there is an issue with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Must use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead.

Actually, I have a modified OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with success on one machine so far... Details: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/#entry2166824

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back