Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, interesting. So I did a install over Yosemite. Re-patched everything, and ALL the Fn keys work! I mean including the F6 touchpad disable as well. PrtSc doesn't work though, which seems odd (one is fixed, the other isn't).

With patching, brightness keys expected to work.

I don't think anyone has taken a detailed look into other special Fn keys.

The weird USB mouse problem still is there though. I assume it's still being detected as a non-removable usb mouse even with the new USB stack.

Check in ioreg.

On boot, right before it shows the desktop, it does a sorta weird graphic glitch, where multiple apples (hazy) are shown with multiple hazy progress bars. This used to be gone after patching in yosemite.

Boot glitch patch not updated yet for 10.11. Not important until final release.

I have installed Yosemite over my existing installation as you have suggested, but audio still not looks as you would accept.

I have not touched Clover though, nor done repatching of SSDT DSDT.

I have installed Yosemite over my existing installation as you have suggested, but audio still not looks as you would accept.

I have not touched Clover though, nor done repatching of SSDT DSDT.

Audio requires properly patched ACPI, kexts installed, and correct config.plist patches.

I applied every patch following your guide. HDMI audio seems to work fine.

But I have a problem with the built in speakers. It seems that it only plays the low frequencies and it sounds like if my laptop was in a closed container.

Here are my files:
View attachment RehabMan_files.zip

Thanks for your help.

Also a little addition:
iMessage and Facetime are working for me after I added SMBIOS to Clover configuration and connected my iPhone to my laptop and singed into iCloud in OSX.

I'm not sure why it is working or how, but in case anyone was interested in getting these working I hope I can help.

I applied every patch following your guide. HDMI audio seems to work fine.

But I have a problem with the built in speakers. It seems that it only plays the low frequencies and it sounds like if my laptop was in a closed container.

Here are my files:
View attachment 150662

Thanks for your help.

Maybe some extra software you installed is causing issues.

What is "com.company.driver.AudioCaptureDriver"?

Do a fresh install to a separate partition for comparison.

Also a little addition:
iMessage and Facetime are working for me after I added SMBIOS to Clover configuration and connected my iPhone to my laptop and singed into iCloud in OSX.

I'm not sure why it is working or how, but in case anyone was interested in getting these working I hope I can help.

Yes... of course you need a custom SMBIOS/serial#. It is in the post #1 guide.

Maybe some extra software you installed is causing issues.

What is "com.company.driver.AudioCaptureDriver"?

Do a fresh install to a separate partition for comparison.

I did all the "custom" patching of the audio originally because I had the exact same problem after following your guide for the first time(only low frequency music was output). I did this before you updated something regarding HDMI audio.

Regarding "com.company.driver.AudioCaptureDriver" I'm not sure how it got installed, now I have succesfully removed it from the kernel extensions. It disappeared from the audio devices section in the System Preferences, however the internal speakers still sound too "low"

I'm planning a fresh installation when El Capitan comes out.

I did all the "custom" patching of the audio originally

No idea what you mean by "all the 'custom' patching of the audio"...

Regarding "com.company.driver.AudioCaptureDriver" I'm not sure how it got installed, now I have succesfully removed it from the kernel extensions. It disappeared from the audio devices section in the System Preferences, however the internal speakers still sound too "low"

Check that it is gone from ioreg.

I'm planning a fresh installation when El Capitan comes out.

Suggestion was to do a fresh install now to a second partition. It doesn't take long, as all you need is the OS X installer, then run ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh. The ACPI/Clover work is already done.

No idea what you mean by "all the 'custom' patching of the audio"...

I mean that I've done some other steps that were not included in your guide, because I was not satisfied with the quality of the audio with the internal speakers.

Check that it is gone from ioreg.

Yes that's gone:
View attachment ioreg.ioreg

Suggestion was to do a fresh install now to a second partition. It doesn't take long, as all you need is the OS X installer, then run ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh. The ACPI/Clover work is already done.

Yes I understand that, but I have an 256GB SSD which is split between Windows 10 and OSX Yosemite and there is not much space left. I could only test it if it was possible to install OSX on a pendrive and boot from that drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back