Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB wireless mouses are odd
I have a logitec M570 and for some odd reason, mac detects it as a non-removable, hence not triggering the disable for touchpad
Wonder if the non-removable flag is in place for you as well causing the issue

Might not be relevant to the problem reported...

But onto your non-removable problem, perhaps you could use a AppleUSBMergeNub injector to set the non-removable flag to 'no'... It might also require a custom kext...

Might not be relevant to the problem reported...

But onto your non-removable problem, perhaps you could use a AppleUSBMergeNub injector to set the non-removable flag to 'no'... It might also require a custom kext...

I looked at the AppleUSBMergeNub, and the ones out there all contain strings on card reader, and some random stuff that doesn't seem applicable. Not exactly sure where to start

I looked at the AppleUSBMergeNub, and the ones out there all contain strings on card reader, and some random stuff that doesn't seem applicable. Not exactly sure where to start

AppleUSBMergeNub can be used to inject properties. That's all it does.

It injects properties on its provider (the parent of where it attaches).

Repo note: Merged alternate_audio into master. Removed alternate_audio branch and corresponding instructions in post #1.

Repo note: Merged alternate_audio into master. Removed alternate_audio branch and corresponding instructions in post #1.

For anyone who wants even better audio than the updated audio patch
You can consider trying Boom 2, it basically acts as a system wide equalizer/volume booster. It will optimize audio on install, and it definitely sounds a lot better

For anyone who wants even better audio than the updated audio patch
You can consider trying Boom 2, it basically acts as a system wide equalizer/volume booster. It will optimize audio on install, and it definitely sounds a lot better

Be careful with Boom, especially when you go to update OS X. It tends to need revisions with each release. Best to uninstall across updates, re-install updated version after (if available).

Be careful with Boom, especially when you go to update OS X. It tends to need revisions with each release. Best to uninstall across updates, re-install updated version after (if available).

Even minor updates such as 10.11.x to 10.11.y?
I'm in 10.11.1 and it currently works (written for 10.10 I believe)

Even minor updates such as 10.11.x to 10.11.y?
I'm in 10.11.1 and it currently works (written for 10.10 I believe)

I don't have any specific examples. Just something I've noticed helping people here... lots of crashes from Boom in various scenarios, especially if they were running an old version upon updating their system, or even a recent version introduced to a very fresh update.

YMMV.

With Boom 2, the audio is much better than the Dobly Home theatre that lenovo installs.

Be sure to turn of equalizer and turn boom volume on and turn up the speakers - bliss.

With Boom 2, the audio is much better than the Dobly Home theatre that lenovo installs.

Be sure to turn of equalizer and turn boom volume on and turn up the speakers - bliss.

I actually do the opposite. I turn the equalizer on, and turn off the boom volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back