Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried attaching an external display using HDMI, but my laptop screen goes black, and I have to restart my laptop without the HDMI cable plugged in to view my display again.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also, fill out your profile as requested in the guide.

Also, are there any steps I have to take prior to upgrading to El Capitan through the Mac App Store?

Update to the latest repo contents, with git pull, ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh, repatching ACPI, updating config.plist, etc.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Update to the latest repo contents, with git pull, ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh, repatching ACPI, updating config.plist, etc.

What is there to update in config.plist? Isn't it the same as the one in yosemite?

IOACPIPlane lists the potential ports. I already did that part... That's where the data that is currently in the injector came from.

Next step is to install the injector and check ioreg to see which ports are actually active. By plugging both a USB2 and USB3 device into all accessible ports, you can see which ports are actually used. As mentioned in the guide, you will have to break into two separate tests (with edited injector) as the number of ports in the injector exceeds the 15 port limit.

I assume I would have to edit
https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-Y50-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/USBXHC_y50.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Then install the kext?

Update:
So I did exactly as I described above:
I did HS01-07 + SSP1-4, and HS08-HS15 + SSP1-4: nothing active
Since FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is installed already, wouldn't all activity not be routed there anyways?

I assume I would have to edit
https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-Y50-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/USBXHC_y50.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Then install the kext?

Update:
So I did exactly as I described above:
I did HS01-07 + SSP1-4, and HS08-HS15 + SSP1-4: nothing active
Since FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is installed already, wouldn't all activity not be routed there anyways?

Best to test without FakePCIID_XHCIMux because as you note, USB2 on XHCI will be routed to ECHI, so there isn't much chance of something showing there (unless BIOS cleared one of the bits in PR2M indicating the port routing should not be changed).

The idea is to make it work both with/without XHCIMux when possible.

Best to test without FakePCIID_XHCIMux because as you note, USB2 on XHCI will be routed to ECHI, so there isn't much chance of something showing there (unless BIOS cleared one of the bits in PR2M indicating the port routing should not be changed).

The idea is to make it work both with/without XHCIMux when possible.

I'll test it more tonight

Would it be more ideal to use XHCIMux or without it in the long run?

Would it be more ideal to use XHCIMux or without it in the long run?

Unknown at this point. I'm experimenting both ways on my u430.

For some situations, XHCIMux is needed due to the 15 port limit, but this mostly impacts desktops.

Also, some report non-working ports without it, as if some ports connected to XHCI always need routing (system dependent)

So, another OS X release is out, and I'm particularly interested in the new Split View feature. I have the following approach planned out, is this okay?

1. Create USB install media using the "Booting OS X installer on laptops" guide.
2. Install El Capitan over my current Yosemite installation. (I don't want to have to install from scratch if possible to preserve my data...)
3. Boot the system with the copy of Clover off the USB.
4. Run all the scripts on the Lenovo-Y50-DSDT-Patch repository, copy new config.plist, etc
5. Reboot again with the copy of Clover on the hard drive.

(Currently, trying to boot the installer off the USB with the copy of Clover on my hard drive just freezes up with "Still waiting for root device"... I assumed this was because of the new USB port stuff, so I came up with the battle plan above)

Thanks!

So, another OS X release is out, and I'm particularly interested in the new Split View feature. I have the following approach planned out, is this okay?

1. Create USB install media using the "Booting OS X installer on laptops" guide.
2. Install El Capitan over my current Yosemite installation. (I don't want to have to install from scratch if possible to preserve my data...)
3. Boot the system with the copy of Clover off the USB.
4. Run all the scripts on the Lenovo-Y50-DSDT-Patch repository, copy new config.plist, etc
5. Reboot again with the copy of Clover on the hard drive.

(Currently, trying to boot the installer off the USB with the copy of Clover on my hard drive just freezes up with "Still waiting for root device"... I assumed this was because of the new USB port stuff, so I came up with the battle plan above)

Thanks!

Well the OSxAptioFixDrv no longer works, you have to use OSxAptioFixDrv2
That's one thing you need to fix, along with updating clover (325x+ works fine)
Alternatively, you can just update via app store, that works as well

Unknown at this point. I'm experimenting both ways on my u430.

For some situations, XHCIMux is needed due to the 15 port limit, but this mostly impacts desktops.

Also, some report non-working ports without it, as if some ports connected to XHCI always need routing (system dependent)

Rehabman,

Ports used:
HS01, HS02, HS06, HS07, HS09, SSP1, SSP2

USB3 pairs are HS01/SSP1 and HS02/SSP2
USB2 is HS09
HS06 is Lenovo EasyCamera
HS07 is wifi/bluetooth chipset

I have attached the kext below for those interested
All ports are working with no bugs afaik

Update:
Bluetooth with default intel chipset functions same on both HMCIMux or injector (first boot no bluetooth, works after restart)

Attachments

• USBXHC_y50-patched.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back