Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You didn't provide PR files.
2. If cold boot fixes the problem, use it.

but it comes back if I wanted to boot from Windows and then move to Mac.

but it comes back if I wanted to boot from Windows and then move to Mac.

You still didn't attach any PR files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You should also check your BIOS settings to insure they are correct as per post #1 (eg. CSM/legacy boot enabled, fast boot disabled).

You still didn't attach any PR files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You should also check your BIOS settings to insure they are correct as per post #1 (eg. CSM/legacy boot enabled, fast boot disabled).

I discovered that with this kext (with this everything works) every time I restart mac or from windows to mac the touchpad starts to give the numbers. instead if I switch off the mac the touchpad works great. right now I did the dump with a crazy touchpad. I do not know if you will see in the zip. I hope. Bios set up properly. CSM/legacy boot enabled, fast boot disabled.

Attachments

• debug_517.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
I discovered that with this kext (with this everything works) every time I restart mac or from windows to mac the touchpad starts to give the numbers. instead if I switch off the mac the touchpad works great. right now I did the dump with a crazy touchpad. I do not know if you will see in the zip. I hope. Bios set up properly. CSM/legacy boot enabled, fast boot disabled.

The PS2 kext you're using is closed-source and violates the APSL.
Therefore, I have nothing to do with it.

You should contact the kext author with your issues.

Hi. I want share this fix to flickering on Full HD screen and i resolve with Volta.
I undervolt -65mV or -60mV and the flickering is little or nothing.
Lenovo's processor is i7 4720hq .
I hope that this can help other people.

Off-topic.
This guide does not use VoodooHDA.kext.

I know a few months ago we figured out the changes in Mojave
Did we ever change the repo to reflect the removal of ALC283 codec 3 to 2?
I mean that fixed the sound issue as well as allowed the keyboard shortcuts for sound control to still work

You can use my kext instead (with mouse emulation for the trackpad).
Or seek out a new/updated kext that supports your hardware.

@DaveSuriano you can try and debug why Rehabman's kext causes your touchpad to go nuts on reboots.
About 4 years ago, the Fn hotkeys went nuts on reboot for the y50 keyboard. I was able to remap it to work correctly.
For some unknown reason to this day, rebooting into mac caused a different ACPI EC code from a cold boot to be sent and therefore the previous capture of the code was not working. I believe we ended up updating the code to reflect both sets of EC codes would result in the same function.
Unfortunately I do not have ALPS keyboard, so I can't test on my hardware. You will have to go give it a try and report back.
Was a bit complicated to work it out, but pretty rewarding at the end of the day. I imagine it might be simpler to work out the touchpad compared to capturing 13 different hotkey combos rofl

I know a few months ago we figured out the changes in Mojave
Did we ever change the repo to reflect the removal of ALC283 codec 3 to 2?
I mean that fixed the sound issue as well as allowed the keyboard shortcuts for sound control to still work

Layout-id was changed to 2 quite a while ago.

FYI: The 'beta' branch has changes to use WhateverGreen.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back