Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
rehabman thank you very much for the repo update.
one thing. why install_download also installs BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext? no need for Lenovo y50. why?

rehabman thank you very much for the repo update.
one thing. why install_download also installs BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext? no need for Lenovo y50. why?

I cannot predict what Broadcom BT you may have, so all related kexts are installed.
It simply does not matter. If you have the hardware that matches, it helps you. If you don't, it has no effect.

Not possible to tell without PR files.
But don't try to over-optimize. There is no sense in it.

here the PR files. Anyway in this zip i remove BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

Attachments

• debug_11970.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
here the PR files. Anyway in this zip i remove BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

Your device (0489_e07a) is supported by BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.

Note you could have done this search yourself:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:trackpad.git rehabman$ grep -y 0489_e07a -R /Library/Extensions/
/Library/Extensions//BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/Contents/Info.plist:       <key>0489_e07a</key>

Although there is no need for BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext on your system, it also does no harm.

Your device (0489_e07a) is supported by BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.

Note you could have done this search yourself:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:trackpad.git rehabman$ grep -y 0489_e07a -R /Library/Extensions/
/Library/Extensions//BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/Contents/Info.plist:       <key>0489_e07a</key>

Although there is no need for BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext on your system, it also does no harm.

Thanks a lot Rehabman. :)

Hey rehabman based on the betas any changes to this guide for mojave? I followed the guide and have working high sierra right now (Thank you so much for that btw!). I'm planning on installing the official Mojave release on a separate partition (note: partition, not a separate disk. Could this be a bad idea, i.e mess with my high sierra installation). Any extra steps needed for Mojave?

Hey rehabman based on the betas any changes to this guide for mojave? I followed the guide and have working high sierra right now (Thank you so much for that btw!). I'm planning on installing the official Mojave release on a separate partition (note: partition, not a separate disk. Could this be a bad idea, i.e mess with my high sierra installation). Any extra steps needed for Mojave?

The github project is all ready to go for Mojave.
Eventually, I'll be pushing an update to use AppleALC, but the repo should work as-is right now.

Make sure you update and test the new repo with High Sierra, before updating to Mojave.

Thanks! I got Mojave up and running and everything's working perfectly so far even with Quad booting (Windows, Arch, High Sierra and now Mojave)

If anybody else is having problems booting the installer, I couldn't boot installer with WhateverGreen.kext (kept getting the prohibited sign) so I switched to the old method (FakePCIID intel graphics with intelgraphicsfixup) and was able to boot up.

However, after installing I switched over to WhateverGreen from your repo and it's working perfectly right now. Apart from that (which I suspect was from using an older config file since the boot flag needed for WhateverGreen wasn't being used) it was completely painless and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back