Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I got Mojave up and running and everything's working perfectly so far even with Quad booting (Windows, Arch, High Sierra and now Mojave)

If anybody else is having problems booting the installer, I couldn't boot installer with WhateverGreen.kext (kept getting the prohibited sign) so I switched to the old method (FakePCIID intel graphics with intelgraphicsfixup) and was able to boot up.

However, after installing I switched over to WhateverGreen from your repo and it's working perfectly right now. Apart from that (which I suspect was from using an older config file since the boot flag needed for WhateverGreen wasn't being used) it was completely painless and simple.

Please fix your profile as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I think you should update this guide according to the new repos.

I think you should update this guide according to the new repos.

What are you referring to?
Already updated for Mojave/WhateverGreen.

In the near future, will be adding a special applealc branch for testing.

Hi, few times ago I installed High Sierra on my Lenovo y50-70 UHD, I got only 1 problem, trackpad work but is very very slow.. and in Settings->TrackPad it say me that there isn't a trackpad so I can't set 2 finger scroll for example.
FN+Brightness UP/DOWN and FN+VOL UP/DOWN works perfectly

Can anyone give me (also in private) Download link for ALPS Kext Fixed that include VOL/Brightness UP/DOWN + solve the problem of trackpad slow and not detected in settings?

Hi, few times ago I installed High Sierra on my Lenovo y50-70 UHD, I got only 1 problem, trackpad work but is very very slow.. and in Settings->TrackPad it say me that there isn't a trackpad so I can't set 2 finger scroll for example.
FN+Brightness UP/DOWN and FN+VOL UP/DOWN works perfectly

Can anyone give me (also in private) Download link for ALPS Kext Fixed that include VOL/Brightness UP/DOWN + solve the problem of trackpad slow and not detected in settings?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

What are you referring to?
Already updated for Mojave/WhateverGreen.
In the near future, will be adding a special applealc branch for testing.

sorry withdraw that.
I had to clone tools repo manually, thought that is required. Could be a network problem.

sorry withdraw that.
I had to clone tools repo manually, thought that is required. Could be a network problem.

Note: applealc branch is available for testing

can these two kexts delete them?

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-10-04 alle 18.35.50.png
    Schermata 2018-10-04 alle 18.35.50.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 104
FYI: The guide has been moved to the Mojave Laptop Guides forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back