Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the clover installation but now it's just stuck at the Apple logo and a bit loaded (without the USB). I accidentally did a standard installation before on the main partition. Is there a way to fix this mess?

Follow the guide as written.

Follow the guide as written.

I did everything else except the createinstallmedia. I put in the USBXCHI kext (not generic) I disabled Intel and enabled it. It loads up mac for a little bit then stops in the middle of the loading bar. What's wrong? Idk what I'm missing.

I did everything else except the createinstallmedia. I put in the USBXCHI kext (not generic) I disabled Intel and enabled it. It loads up mac for a little bit then stops in the middle of the loading bar. What's wrong? Idk what I'm missing.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder.

Here's the verbose boot photo:

IMG_1192.jpg

Here's the verbose boot photo:

View attachment 166677

Assuming you're booting the installer... (as implied by your previous post).

Why is "Smart PS2 Touchpad" loading?
It is not in EFI/Clover/kexts and it certainly isn't part of the vanilla OS X installer.

Also, you cannot have both the ELAN PS2 kext installed and my VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed.

Also, no need for patched ACPI files during installation. And the config.plist you have is for final install, not for booting the installer.

Your laptop does not have Intel Ethernet... why is AppleIntelE1000e in EFI/Clover/kexts?

Start over. Follow the guide exactly as written.

Assuming you're booting the installer... (as implied by your previous post).

Why is "Smart PS2 Touchpad" loading?
It is not in EFI/Clover/kexts and it certainly isn't part of the vanilla OS X installer.

Also, you cannot have both the ELAN PS2 kext installed and my VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed.

Also, no need for patched ACPI files during installation. And the config.plist you have is for final install, not for booting the installer.

Your laptop does not have Intel Ethernet... why is AppleIntelE1000e in EFI/Clover/kexts?

Start over. Follow the guide exactly as written.

I modified my files to the what you mentioned and it booted up without USB but HDMI freezes and Audio doesn't work.

Also There's no brightness option in system preferences under display

View attachment CLOVER.zip

I modified my files to the what you mentioned and it booted up without USB but HDMI freezes and Audio doesn't work.

Also There's no brightness option in system preferences under display

View attachment 166685

This EFI/Clover is wrong for final installation. Follow the guide in post #1.

This EFI/Clover is wrong for final installation. Follow the guide in post #1.

Am I supposed to follow Clover Legacy instruction to fix my SYSTEM_DRV partition where my EFI-CLOVER file was?

Also my SYSTEM_DRV drive isn't showing in the installer as a selection. It's not even in the selection of the Clover Installer even after I mounted it in Disk Utility.

Am I supposed to follow Clover Legacy instruction to fix my SYSTEM_DRV partition where my EFI-CLOVER file was?

Also my SYSTEM_DRV drive isn't showing in the installer as a selection. It's not even in the selection of the Clover Installer even after I mounted it in Disk Utility.

SYSTEM_DRV?

When installing Clover to HDD, you select your OS X system partition. The Clover installer will automatically find the associated EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back