Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what happend... I sent you the wrong zip file and my actual folder before and had the ACPI-Patched folder. I then deleted it when you said that there is no ACPI-Patched folder. I assumed you meant that it wasn't supposed to be there... I now know how to fix this

When I wrote "no ACPI/patched folder" I mean yours does not have it and it is required as per post #1.

Hope that clarifies.

When I wrote "no ACPI/patched folder" I mean yours does not have it and it is required as per post #1.

Hope that clarifies.

I wish I knew this earlier. :crazy:

Here is my new EFI-CLOVER. Could you check it real quick before I reboot.

View attachment 166936

You don't need EmuVariabelUefi-64.efi.

It has the correct config.plist and ACPI/patched files (assuming your laptop has an i7-4700HQ).

You don't need EmuVariabelUefi-64.efi.

It has the correct config.plist and ACPI/patched files (assuming your laptop has an i7-4700HQ).

It just froze at this when I was rebooting (booting without caches):

IMG_1197.jpg

In regular boot, it just stops loading.

Removed the VoodooPS2Controller kext and got this:
IMG_11980.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 52
It just froze at this when I was rebooting (booting without caches):

View attachment 166938

In regular boot, it just stops loading.

Removed the VoodooPS2Controller kext and got this:
View attachment 166943

Is this is a fresh install? My guess is no, as the FakeSMC plugins are not installed by default by my scripts, and yet I see them loading.

Do a fresh install.

What is haxm? Did you download your 10.11 from the Mac App Store? Try without the ELAN kext... it may be buggy. Use an external monitor for further troubleshooting (in case it is a problem specific to the internal display)

Is this is a fresh install? My guess is no, as the FakeSMC plugins are not installed by default by my scripts, and yet I see them loading.

Do a fresh install.

What is haxm? Did you download your 10.11 from the Mac App Store? Try without the ELAN kext... it may be buggy. Use an external monitor for further troubleshooting (in case it is a problem specific to the internal display)

I noticed that when I remove the patched folder in ACPI it boots up perfectly.

I noticed that when I remove the patched folder in ACPI it boots up perfectly.

You didn't address any of my comments/questions.

Do a fresh install.

Make sure that after completing the post install tasks, you boot without caches and rebuild cache as described in "Known Problems" "Audio".

Why is AppleHDA_ALC283.kext not installed?

Run install_downloads.sh.

Audio not expected to work without using final config.plist.

Follow the guide as written.

With UHD screen you must boot without caches after putting into place final config.plist. It is in the guide. You also must have set DVMT-prealloc correctly. It is is in the guide. It is not optional.

Note: You do not need EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi.

Your EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong.
Hi my screen is a only a FHD and I accidentally ran the UHD patch. I have run the install_downloads.sh many times already. I cannot use the final config text to boot it gets struck during the apple loading process. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back