Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rebooted and it's still laggy. Any suggestions on why? I'm going to update the repositories through USB again.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Try to describe your issue in clear, easy to read... English.

I cant boot from ssd...i need the pen drive to boot everytime. If i boot from the ssd in verbose mode, all i get is a blank screen with ++++++++++++++++++++ signs....i used the createinstallmedia method to make the usb...after bootimg usb and selecting target partition, i dont need to boot the pen drive again. Instead I can select boot OSX partition and i reach osx desktop. Now the problem is after patching and everything, when i copy the final config.plist and restart, i am stuck on the apple logo. If i boot from usb i can get past it.

I cant boot from ssd...i need the pen drive to boot everytime. If i boot from the ssd in verbose mode, all i get is a blank screen with ++++++++++++++++++++ signs....

Post EFI/Clover folder from the EFI partition on the SSD. Boot verbose, show photo.

Here is an archive of the problem reporting:

View attachment 166427

Clover revision is far too old:
Code:
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover rev 2854 on INSYDE Corp. EFI

Follow the guide as written. The guide uses current Clover from sourceforge. Currently v3330.

Is there a quick way to update Clover to 3330?

I copied previous Clover Folder into EFI and now it works. I am able to boot now. The only problem now is I cant use Clover Configurator to assign a new Serial number. I copied the original config.plist to desktop, edited it with clover config. and the pasted it into efi/clover. When I reboot os x, I get these weird light blue color and on the menu bar I see a projector icon. When I click on it, it says I am using a secondary screen.

...I copied the original config.plist to desktop, edited it with clover config. and the pasted it into efi/clover.

Wrong. It is clearly noted in the guide not to use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist.

Clover Configurator does not support some of the features used in my config.plist. And... when you save the file it simply removes them, completely breaking the file.

Use Clover Configurator to create an SMBIOS, save to a separate file. Then open both the target config.plist and the plist with your new SMBIOS in it in Xcode or PlistEditPro. Copy just the SMBIOS section.

Then take the resulting config.plist and paste to the EFI/Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back