Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SYSTEM_DRV?

When installing Clover to HDD, you select your OS X system partition. The Clover installer will automatically find the associated EFI partition.

All this time... I feel like an idiot.

SYSTEM_DRV?

When installing Clover to HDD, you select your OS X system partition. The Clover installer will automatically find the associated EFI partition.

Okay, here's the new EFI-CLOVER

View attachment CLOVER.zip

HDMI Audio and Brightness still don't work.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 57
Okay, here's the new EFI-CLOVER

View attachment 166692

HDMI Audio and Brightness still don't work.

You did not follow the guide. There is no EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched directory and thus no SSDT-HACK.aml and SSDT.aml.

Also, config.plist is the one used for installation, not final.

Read post #1 regarding both.

Thanks for the detailed guide everything pretty much works except for the audio (no audio device found). I also tried rebuilding the kexts as suggested . I am also forced to use config.plist used during installation for using the final one doesn't boot.

FYI: I accidently used the patch for the UHD display. can this cause any problems?

This is my kextcache -u ouput

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 58
Thanks for the detailed guide everything pretty much works except for the audio (no audio device found). I also tried rebuilding the kexts as suggested . I am also forced to use config.plist used during installation for using the final one doesn't boot.

FYI: I accidently used the patch for the UHD display. can this cause any problems?

This is my kextcache -u ouput

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Why is AppleHDA_ALC283.kext not installed?

Run install_downloads.sh.

Audio not expected to work without using final config.plist.

Follow the guide as written.

With UHD screen you must boot without caches after putting into place final config.plist. It is in the guide. You also must have set DVMT-prealloc correctly. It is is in the guide. It is not optional.

Note: You do not need EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi.

Your EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong.

You did not follow the guide. There is no EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched directory and thus no SSDT-HACK.aml and SSDT.aml.

Is this better?
View attachment CLOVER.zip

-Also in your guide in post #1 you mention a lot about there being an ACPI-Patched folder with SSDT-HACK and SSDT.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 49

Also, HDMI and audio works but there is no brightness setting.

Also, HDMI and audio works but there is no brightness setting.

As expected with the correct config.plist but without SSDT-HACK.aml.

Is this better?
View attachment 166922

-Also in your guide in post #1 you mention a lot about there being an ACPI-Patched folder with SSDT-HACK and SSDT.

You still lack ACPI/patched with the appropriate files (SSDT-HACK.aml and SSDT.aml).

Follow the guide in post #1.

You still lack ACPI/patched with the appropriate files.

Follow the guide in post #1.

I know what happend... I sent you the wrong zip file and my actual folder before and had the ACPI-Patched folder. I then deleted it when you said that there is no ACPI-Patched folder. I assumed you meant that it wasn't supposed to be there... I now know how to fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back