Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
First it did not work at all, no mic or audio out, then I tried to install ALC3232 as mentioned in your guide, but it just did not work. So I removed it and installed VoodooHDA, that worked with out any hassle.

Hi, I'm trying to follow Sniki's guide but got no AptioInputFix and AppleUISupport options in UEFI drivers in the latest Rehab clover, is it ok ?

Attachments

• AptioInputFix.png
    AptioInputFix.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Hi,

To do :

1/ Disable "Secure Rollback Prevention" in Bios menu (restarting Windows 10 and strike F1 when your screen is black).
2/ Restart Windows and Download the 2.36 UEFI Bios for x240 package from :
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/fr/fr/...ries-laptops/thinkpad-x240/downloads/ds035950
3/ Install it and choose "Exit" when the error message is displayed
4/ Open a cmd terminal (C:\Windows\System32, find cmd.exe, right clic and "Run as administrator") then type (or copy/paste):
C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\giuj23us\WinFlash64.exe /sd /file C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\giuj23us\GIET86WW\$01DE000.FL1

and voilà !

Following these instructions with the bios 2.36 for an x240, can you install a mojave compatible wifi/bt card?
Do not you need a programmer, dump and modify the bios?

Following these instructions with the bios 2.36 for an x240, can you install a mojave compatible wifi/bt card?
Do not you need a programmer, dump and modify the bios?
Sadly no, the x240 Bios always contains a whitelist, bios dumping and reflashing with a programmer or a pi is the only way to get rid of it.

Hi

I have a Thinkpad x240 i5 4300U with HD4400 integrated graphics and 8GB RAM
I did all the pre-installation and installation actions (mojave), but when I try boot from the "fresh" install (external HDD), I get full back screen (with verbose mode, no output)

I have High Sierra installed on another external disk and it boots without problems.

With config.plist (attached) I get black screen
With config.plist.fromHighSierra (attached) I get "End RandomSeed" without plus
IMG_20190921_152426.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 211
  • config.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 218
  • config.plist.fromHighSierra.plist
    17.2 KB · Views: 222
Hi

I have a Thinkpad x240 i5 4300U with HD4400 integrated graphics and 8GB RAM
I did all the pre-installation and installation actions (mojave), but when I try boot from the "fresh" install (external HDD), I get full back screen (with verbose mode, no output)

I have High Sierra installed on another external disk and it boots without problems.

With config.plist (attached) I get black screen
With config.plist.fromHighSierra (attached) I get "End RandomSeed" without plus
View attachment 426872
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

with later versions of clover, you need to make sure you have either
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi
in drivers/UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back