Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki .
Clover EFI has a new version Clover_v2.4k_r4988. should it be updated? You can guide the installation corresponding to Mac OS version 10.14.5.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, I still could not figure it out. I tried the guide frompost #26, rechecked all kext, tried different ones, played with uefi bios settings but nothing changed. I am still stuck in this reboot loop. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with mmy config? I even removed all m2 cards, nothing changed.

Edit: I did a complete reinstall, but I am still having the same issue. Could it be my UEFI? Any Ideas?

Last edited:
Hello,

I've recently purchased myself a Thinkpad X240 and managed to have the hardware whitelist removed. Now I'm looking for a new wireless card, but I'm not sure whether the one I found will work or not. The original card is an M.2 A+E key, but the one the OP put in the tutorial was E key only, which is also the card that I found:

Is the X240 compatible with both A+E and E key?

Hi Guys thanks for the excellent work. For me everything is working after the guide on post nr. 26, I'm running Mojave on the Lenovo x240.
Only one annoying issue, it's taking too long to boot osx. The Apple progress bar goes quite fast until the middle way and after that gets slower and slower. After around 4 minutes the system boots and everything is working. I have followed exactly the procedures of post 26.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Wanted to ask you a favor. Could you put out your full working folder clover and kext that you installed? thank you in advance

Wanted to ask you a favor. Could you put out your full working folder clover and kext that you installed? thank you in advance
or you could just follow the guide

or you could just follow the guide

Everything worked for me, but the touchpad did not work as it should. rearranged everything. the sound did not work. I tried everything zanogo jumped out error honestly I do not remember which but the system generally stopped loading. so I asked for help who has already done everything

Hi guys, can you help me which kext is for battery? Everything is running smoothy, incl. sound after some struggling, but i cant still see battery, or any data about battery. Thanks for help.

Hi guys, can you help me which kext is for battery?

Since I could not get VirtualSMC to work I use FakeSMC and ACPIBatteryManager, that works just fine for me. I also had to use VoodooHDA instead of ALC3232 for Audio. I am on Mojave, Thinkpad X240.

mh they delivered the wrong chipset, it was athereos instead of broadcom.

I switched to bcm94360CS2 and now wifi and bluetooth is fully working.
Did you manage to fit it on ThinkPad X240 ?, did you manage to put the cover without having a bump or something ?

Hi guys, can you help me which kext is for battery? Everything is running smoothy, incl. sound after some struggling, but i cant still see battery, or any data about battery. Thanks for help.
I personally use VirtualSMC.kext + SMCBatteryManager.kext
You need to put VirtualSMC.efi into your drivers folder as well and remove SMCHelper.efi.

What issues did you have with sound and why are you using VoodooHDA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back