Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.3]

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Has anyone managed to get Wake On Lan (WOL) working with this machine? I managed to get it working on my desktop hackintosh which uses the same ethernet driver (IntelMausiEthernet.kext) but I can't get it working on this machine.

To get it working properly on my other machine, I had to install it to /L/E instead of using injection. Once I did that, it worked as intended. I tried the same on my T440s but it doesn't seem to work either way.

@Sniki - I noticed you have AppleBacklightSmoother.kext in the latest files. Does this provide any sort of benefit over the previous method we were using with the legacy Clover install? I hope you're staying healthy and doing well!!

Sniki

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CoBrA2168 i think on today's release for this month IntelMausi.kext got support for the WakeOnLAN on i219 series (if our Lan cards belong to this family).

See here for more details:

As for AppleBacklightSmoother.kext i will remove it since i haven't seen any difference with or without it.

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
@CoBrA2168 i think on today's release for this month IntelMausi.kext got support for the WakeOnLAN on i219 series (if our Lan cards belong to this family).

See here for more details:

As for AppleBacklightSmoother.kext i will remove it since i haven't seen any difference with or without it.
Thanks for the update (and hopefully you're personally doing well!).

It looks like our machine uses the I218 series of ethernet chips (source: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_T440s/ThinkPad_T440s_Spec.PDF) so this might not fix it. I had success with WOL on my desktop but as mentioned, I had to install to /L/E to get it to work. I can try again with the latest release here, but this did not work with the last release on our machines. As a reminder: I'm still on Mojave / Clover :crazy:

Sniki

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, Yes, we are all negative now, we are finished with Covid-19 finally and everyone is doing great and none of us had any trouble, just like a standard flu, nothing more or less.

Hmm, interesting but try one thing, if you still haven't done any modification of your Clover setup with my latest files.
Try this and see if WOL works:
Grab the SSDT-IGBE.aml from the repository and add it to your Patched Folder.

Remove _PRW ACPI patch for instant wake as it won't be necessary anymore thanks to that one.

Give WOL a try and see if it works for you (including latest IntelMausi released today).

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Thanks, Yes, we are all negative now, we are finished with Covid-19 finally and everyone is doing great and none of us had any trouble, just like a standard flu, nothing more or less.

Hmm, interesting but try one thing, if you still haven't done any modification of your Clover setup with my latest files.
Try this and see if WOL works:
Grab the SSDT-IGBE.aml from the repository and add it to your Patched Folder.

Remove _PRW ACPI patch for instant wake as it won't be necessary anymore thanks to that one.

Give WOL a try and see if it works for you (including latest IntelMausi released today).
Glad to hear you're healthy. My family also went through COVID back in September but we're healthy now, thank goodness.

I'll give that combination a shot and see what happens. I'll give the kext a shot from acidanthera too - up until now, I've been using the latest development, official version from Mieze (https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet).

Motherboard
Lenovo
CPU
i5-4300u
Graphics
intel HD graphics 4400
For some reason I cannot get imessages to work. Everything else works flawlessly. Great job!

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkbook T440
CPU
i5-4300u
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For some reason I cannot get imessages to work. Everything else works flawlessly. Great job!
For me same. I tired 2 good serial but can't login to imessages.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

For me same. I tired 2 good serial but can't login to imessages.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkbook T440
CPU
i5-4300u
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried once again. I can check everything in the The TLDR checklist.
I made a clean install with new serial and so on. I even made a fresh apple id for this time. Still I get message that I need to connect to costumer support.
Only thing is what I don't understand is the NVRAM part of config.plist, maybe there is something not right?
Like I understand we can't reset NVRAM with this laptop, or we will loose BIOS?