Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
VoodooRMI doesn't work here. Original T440s touchpad, even a usb mouse doesn't work when VoodooRMI is enabled.

EDIT: Also, ALCPlug-Fix doesn't work anymore, needed to add alcverbs=1 to the boot args.

Last edited:
VoodooRMI doesn't work here. Original T440s touchpad, even a usb mouse doesn't work when VoodooRMI is enabled.
I also noticed the static in headphones is back after first sleep + wake up.

VoodooRMI should work even on the original touchpad, the question is: is it better, i would check one more time what is going on with it, you shouldn't touch anything, it's enabled by default, if you disabled VoodooPS2TrackPad.kext from the config.plist, that's what broke it, it needs it loaded in order to work.

As for static i haven't completely dealt with the audio problems yet, trying to find a way to make everything work.

I checked, it's enabled and not working.

I have old external monitor with VGA only.
Does VGA output work?

It works perfect on my T440s
(It is already listed on what is working)

@Feartech it actually works on these Haswell laptops and perfectly fine, just like it would on an HDMI.

sorry, i didn't link my screenshot correctly, I was refering to github README. despite vga not being used by Apple it still can work on certain devices

It works perfect on my T440s
(It is already listed on what is working)

@Feartech it actually works on these Haswell laptops and perfectly fine, just like it would on an HDMI.
nice!

yes, sometimes it works on various systems and other times there are issues :)

Newer hardware seem to have no issues at all including these Thinkpads like T440,T440S,X240.
It works like it was HDMI, they have sort of different implementation like a HDMI port but with a VGA connector.
That may be why it has always been so reliable, whether you boot with monitor attached or plug in after you have booted, it acts exactly like HDMI not like the standard older Ivy Bridge and below where a specific patch was required to make it work and it was not reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back