Motherboard
Asus Z390A Prime
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For me with this @Sniki T440S EFI it's 2702 mAh. I'll boot Linux and have a look at both batteries, how much life they have left.
EDIT: I booted Xubuntu and:
Inner Battery - Full charge 1366mAh
External Battery - Full charge 1385mAh
Combined 2751mAh, so it's almost the same. Maybe 49mAh is lost on conversion from Wh to mAh or I'm on wrong track :)
Well, your battery show slightly bigger capacity than mine. :)
I once did following simple test:
1. Drain the battery from 100% to 65%
2. Then detach the external battery and boot up the computer to see that the battery indicator jumps to 100%.
I logically conclude that this jump to 100% means thatthe combined batt indicator works.

Motherboard
z87g43
CPU
Graphics
id like to configure one of the USB ports to be on usb2.0
how should I go about this?

idc if I have to force all the USB ports to be 2.0, dont need 3.0 ports and can always go back if I need to

having issues with a usb bluetooth dongle, it apparently fixes when plugged into a 2.0 port

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Finally, after months of putting it off, I upgraded the SSDT-KBD and added the necessary patches in the config.plist to allow ThinkpadAssistant to function on my legacy install of Mojave / Clover. It's working great!

I do still plan to one day move to OC, but since I don't plan on upgrading from Mojave anytime soon, I might as well stick with what works for now. Right now I don't see any major benefits of moving to OC until I at least upgrade to Big Sur.

Motherboard
z390 phantom itx
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
radeon 5700 XT
Finally, after months of putting it off, I upgraded the SSDT-KBD and added the necessary patches in the config.plist to allow ThinkpadAssistant to function on my legacy install of Mojave / Clover. It's working great!

I do still plan to one day move to OC, but since I don't plan on upgrading from Mojave anytime soon, I might as well stick with what works for now. Right now I don't see any major benefits of moving to OC until I at least upgrade to Big Sur.

hi @CoBrA2168. Can you share your clover?. I see the issue " system variable corrupted" doesn't fix with OC 0.6.0. I want to try with clover for testing. Thank you

Motherboard
04X3888
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 Mo
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
1. iterm? Make sure you're using Console. Also, ensure that you have the full repository downloaded.
2. I had this issue on my Mojave/Clover install due to an issue with WhateverGreen. Make sure you're on the latest version (1.4.1).

Hi CoBrA2168,
thank you for your answer. I've tried to replace the Whatevergreen.kext with the latest (1.4.2) but it doesn't work. My PC doesn't boot at all. I've got the black screen with the loadbar for a few secondes and after that it restart.

I just replace the kext in the OC folder in the EFI partition with the one I found on GitHub.
Is it the good way to do it ?

Thanks again :)

flip

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried to replace the WhateverGreen.kext with the latest (1.4.2) but it doesn't work.
WhateverGreen.kext is a plug-in kext for Lilu.kext so if you update it you must update Lilu.kext too.

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
hi @CoBrA2168. Can you share your clover?. I see the issue " system variable corrupted" doesn't fix with OC 0.6.0. I want to try with clover for testing. Thank you
Use this guide/thread for Clover:

Hi CoBrA2168,
thank you for your answer. I've tried to replace the Whatevergreen.kext with the latest (1.4.2) but it doesn't work. My PC doesn't boot at all. I've got the black screen with the loadbar for a few secondes and after that it restart.

I just replace the kext in the OC folder in the EFI partition with the one I found on GitHub.
Is it the good way to do it ?

Thanks again :)

flip
Hmm, that's odd...it should be as easy as just replacing the old one with the new version. Maybe with OC there is something else needed. Maybe @Sniki can chime in here? I'm still running a very old version of the bootloader (Clover) on a much older version of macOS (Mojave).

Motherboard
z390 phantom itx
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
radeon 5700 XT
Use this guide/thread for Clover:

Hmm, that's odd...it should be as easy as just replacing the old one with the new version. Maybe with OC there is something else needed. Maybe @Sniki can chime in here? I'm still running a very old version of the bootloader (Clover) on a much older version of macOS (Mojave).
I transferred all kext, ssdt, and patches to clover. Only kext voodoops2 sometimes works and sometimes not. Which version voodoops2 are you using?

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
I transferred all kext, ssdt, and patches to clover. Only kext voodoops2 sometimes works and sometimes not. Which version voodoops2 are you using?
I'm actually using the latest version that is in Sniki's first post (the OC version).