Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I transferred all kext, ssdt, and patches to clover. Only kext voodoops2 sometimes works and sometimes not. Which version voodoops2 are you using?
I'm actually using the latest version that is in Sniki's first post (the OC version).

Hello.
i am a newbie and i am trying to understand all that i am reading.
I have a T440S, and id like to get Catalina running on it.

Here my doubts.

- BIOS -
So... for what i have seen, it would be better to have a WiFi/Bt card that is supported by OSX, fine.
Is it necessary to have a specific version of the BIOS?
Some users suggest to hard modify the BIOS to remove the whitelist.
Some others to downgrade to 2.36.
Mine has 2.27.

But in this Guide there is no mention to changes to the BIOS or specific versions.

- WiFi Cards -
The above mentioned cards.
DW1560 / DW1830 / DW1820A / BCM94360NG, can be installed replacing the original Intel Card of the T440S?

BCM94360CS2 , this one needs an adapter to fit the M.2 slot?

- DUAL BOOT -
I am also considering to have a Dual Boot.
Seems recommended to use 2 different SSD, one for OSX, one for Windows.
Did you do anything about Dual Boot?
I have a guide about installing the two OSes in the same SSD, but still ahvent decided.

Thansk for your patience and attention.

Rod
PS Sorry for my bad english.

- BIOS -
So... for what i have seen, it would be better to have a WiFi/Bt card that is supported by OSX, fine.
Is it necessary to have a specific version of the BIOS?
Some users suggest to hard modify the BIOS to remove the whitelist.
Some others to downgrade to 2.36.
Mine has 2.27.
Yes. Either go to 2.36 which has a flaw where the whitelist isn't enforced, or upgrade to a newer BIOS with the whitelist removed (you'll need BIOS programming hardware for this).

- WiFi Cards -
The above mentioned cards.
DW1560 / DW1830 / DW1820A / BCM94360NG, can be installed replacing the original Intel Card of the T440S?

BCM94360CS2 , this one needs an adapter to fit the M.2 slot?
This I don't know from memory, but it's probably correct. I have a DW1820A and it's a hassle to keep the configuration functional. When it doesn't work, the side effects are hangs and lockups, so it's not fun to debug.

- DUAL BOOT -
I am also considering to have a Dual Boot.
Seems recommended to use 2 different SSD, one for OSX, one for Windows.
Did you do anything about Dual Boot?
I have a guide about installing the two OSes in the same SSD, but still ahvent decided.
I triple boot Windows, Linux, and OSX all from the same SSD. I use grub as the first bootloader and pick OpenCore for OSX or the windows loader for windows. There are many ways to do this, and you could probably go with OpenCore first.

It's relatively easy to do if you're familiar with bootloaders and are prepared for every OS install to overwrite your bootloader when they install. I recommend keeping a USB thumb drive with a working bootloader so you can fix whatever gets broken.

Is it possible to upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.1? Whenever I update it and try booting, it just shows the Apple logo briefly and reboots.

Is it possible to upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.1? Whenever I update it and try booting, it just shows the Apple logo briefly and reboots.

I also tried 0.6.1 without luck, as I needed it to be able to load the Airport version of ITLWM (driver for the Intel Wi-Fi) at boot instead of manually. I guess we have to wait for @Sniki as some config changes are probably required.

I also tried 0.6.1 without luck, as I needed it to be able to load the Airport version of ITLWM (driver for the Intel Wi-Fi) at boot instead of manually. I guess we have to wait for @Sniki as some config changes are probably required.
airportitlwm works with 0.5.9, I copied IO80211Family to Kexts and added it to the config.plist "Add" kext list

Im busy with some real life stuff and don't have enough time yet, i need Windows 10 on my T440S for some courses that im following and some work related stuff, after 1st October i will order a WWAN slot SSD so i can dual/triple boot.
(macOS, Linux, Windows).

From then, i should be able to maintain things with ease as i won't have to wipe things constantly.

Good thing is that most of you guys are still fine even with 0.5.9 and Big Sur is still not very close for release.
Installed Public Beta 8 of Big Sur on my MacBookPro 2015" 13-inch retina with force touch, and it's so buggy that if i click something, it may take up to 7 seconds to open, previous betas were much stable.

I will make sure to have it ready soon after release. (at the same time or just a few days after public release of Big Sur).
good thing is that a lot of amazing great things arrived into hackintosh community.

Itlwm solves the biggest problems of all users, no need for bios modifications and people can enjoy macOS even on their Intel Cards.

YogaSMC is a new SMC kext that solves many problems and brings some of the features that we had/have on Windows and Linux.

VoodooPS2 has now changed and Brightness keys work natively without the need to patch any method and provide custom SSDT.

VoodooSMBUS/VoodooRMI for SMBUS and TouchPad functionality. etc, etc, etc.

So when the update is ready, it will be amazing and feature packed.

This is my first time hearing about YogaSMC, so I’m curious what that brings to the table!

As always, we are looking forward to your updates @Sniki :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back