Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be assuming Clover recognizes the Nvidia device and injects (Graphics/Inject/NVidia=true).
Doesn't seem to work with certain Nvidia devices (so probably a Clover problem), in which case SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml needs to be used instead.
In other words, YMMV.
Thanks,
It should be fine by just adding the two options to the installation section of the guide and if config.plist works fine for them,that’s fine - they can use that by default, if it doesn’t work they simply add the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml into EFI/Clover/Patched and they should be able to proceed with installation.

@RehabMan if i recall correctly there is a T440P user with Discrete GPU that i think required him PTSWAK method for disabling DiscreteGPU.
My question is:
Since we already have replaced WAK (with renaming it to ZWAK) & adding the patched WAK on SSDT-BAT:
Should the SSDT-PTSWAK from your hotpatch repo still do the job if i add it to the hotpatch list & set Name(DPTS, 1) on MasterSSDT(RMCF) or so called SSDT-T440P ?.

Ok guys,
After long last... guide has been updated
Changelog has been added into last section of Guide (Post #1)

Notes before Updating:
- Replace all the files with the new ones in order to have everything working correctly (config.plist /SSDT-T440P/kexts)
- Install Rehabman fork of Clover Bootloader to have everything working as files are based on that version of Clover.
- Rebuilds kexts & caches

Enjoy !

For you other ThinkPad Laptop Model owners : other guides are on the way for:
- T440S
- T440
- L450
- L440 Updated Guide
- T450
- X240
- Lenovo B570e/B570/V570C

I will be working hard every evening to publish all these guides till Sunday night.

Hi @Sniki. I just try your latest update.
My Steps:
  1. Installed macOS 10.13.2 when Guide 1.0
  2. Update all the kext to the latest.
  3. remove ALC292 and install ALC3232
  4. Install Rehabman fork of Clover Bootloader
  5. Rebuilds kexts & caches
  6. Change the config.plist
  7. build SSDT-T440P.aml and put it in /patch
There are some feedback:
  1. Can't find prebuilt SSDT-T440P.aml. There are hotpatch.zip & Include.zip. I built SSDT-T440P.aml with the second one and comes 1 warning. Please bother to upload prebuilt SSDT-T440P.aml
  2. My audio hardware is Realtek ALC292. I don't if ALC3232 is as same as ALC292.
  3. You wrote "- If you have Intel Wireless / Bluetooth Card you have to disable Country Code Patch." I found that the "disable" option is set to "Yes". Does that mean that I don't need to change it to "NO"?
  4. Which upset me it that still unbootable.
Same error as post #233. @RehabMan reply that "Might be due to dual GPU.There is no code in SSDT-T440P.aml to disable the Nvidia." Now I can boot with RehabMan's config.plist(from his github) without working backlight & audio & battery.
If I use your config.plist(neither v1 or v2) with dropping or no dropping SSDT-T440P.aml. Boot will stop
bB1qGyI.jpg

Hi @Sniki. I just try your latest update.
My Steps:
  1. Installed macOS 10.13.2 when Guide 1.0
  2. Update all the kext to the latest.
  3. remove ALC292 and install ALC3232
  4. Install Rehabman fork of Clover Bootloader
  5. Rebuilds kexts & caches
  6. Change the config.plist
  7. build SSDT-T440P.aml and put it in /patch
There are some feedback:
  1. Can't find prebuilt SSDT-T440P.aml. There are hotpatch.zip & Include.zip. I built SSDT-T440P.aml with the second one and comes 1 warning. Please bother to upload prebuilt SSDT-T440P.aml
  2. My audio hardware is Realtek ALC292. I don't if ALC3232 is as same as ALC292.
  3. You wrote "- If you have Intel Wireless / Bluetooth Card you have to disable Country Code Patch." I found that the "disable" option is set to "Yes". Does that mean that I don't need to change it to "NO"?
  4. Which upset me it that still unbootable.
Same error as post #233. @RehabMan reply that "Might be due to dual GPU.There is no code in SSDT-T440P.aml to disable the Nvidia." Now I can boot with RehabMan's config.plist(from his github) without working backlight & audio & battery.
If I use your config.plist(neither v1 or v2) with dropping or no dropping SSDT-T440P.aml. Boot will stop
bB1qGyI.jpg

1. Forgot to attach since i was having some trouble saving the changes to the guide so when I uploaded files on my 3rd or 4th attempt forgot to attach
Ignore the warning its all fine & the same.
2. ALC3232 is the correct codec name for ALC292,they call it 292 due to its device id 0x10ec0292
So its same codec but now correctly patched & named
3. If it is already disabled just ignore it.
4. Try adding SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml together with latest SSDT-T440P.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and see if you can boot.
If you still can’t, try adding it into sort order on config.plist

1. Forgot to attach since i was having some trouble saving the changes to the guide so when I uploaded files on my 3rd or 4th attempt forgot to attach
Ignore the warning its all fine & the same.
2. ALC3232 is the correct codec name for ALC292,they call it 292 due to its device id 0x10ec0292
So its same codec but now correctly patched & named
3. If it is already disabled just ignore it.
4. Try adding SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml together with latest SSDT-T440P.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and see if you can boot.
If you still can’t, try adding it into sort order on config.plist
Many thanks for your reply. I have tried to use SSDT-DS.aml but same error. I will add sort order later.

Many thanks for your reply. I have tried to use SSDT-DS.aml but same error. I will add sort order later.
Check the config.plist that you are able to boot on AddProperties section and add those 3 patches into my config.plist and see if you can boot.
Make sure to also set inject nvidia=true

It should work after that.

Check the config.plist that you are able to boot on AddProperties section and add those 3 patches into my config.plist and see if you can boot.
Make sure to also set inject nvidia=true

It should work after that.
Things getting better now but not perfect QAQ
That's what I did
  1. Add SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml to patch
  2. set inject nvidia=true
  3. Edit SortedOrder
Not working

Then I add those 3 AddProperties patches into config.plist as you told. Boot successful!!
And I remove SortedOrder&SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml. Boot is OK. I think AddProperties is the key point.
But backlight & audio & battery are still not working. Incredible! Intel Bluetooth working(though unstable)!
If I need upload problem report files?

Last edited:
Things getting better now but not perfect QAQ
That's what I did
  1. Add SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml to patch
  2. set inject nvidia=true
  3. Edit SortedOrder
Not working

Then I add those 3 AddProperties patches into config.plist as you told. Boot successful!!
And I remove SortedOrder&SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml. Boot is OK. I think AddProperties is the key point.
But backlight & audio & battery are still not working. Incredible! Intel Bluetooth working(though unstable)!
If I need upload problem report files?
Yes, upload all problem reporting files.

But do 1 more testing for me:
Instead of SSDT-T440P.aml go to hotpatch folder and save them as aml individually and add them to acpi/patched.
Exclude:
SSDT-DisableDGPU
SSDT-Debug
SSDT-PTSWAK
SSDT-GPRW or UPRW
SSDT-T440P
(If they are present on hotpatch folder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back