Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

thank you for this great tutorial

I managed to install High Sierra but I found a number of strange things

First, the amount of RAM capacity I have seems wrong when I look at "about this mac" and I check on the "activity monitor" as well. The amount of my RAM should be 12GB, but it says 16GB.

then at normal boot the amount of ram I used directly amounted to 7.9gb of 16gb (the original was 12gb) is this a normal thing on hackintosh?

Up

please help! I think the USB as the tutorial says, I load the installation from clover, the apple appears and the t440 is reset. Which bios configuration is correct? What do you think is the problem?
I feel my English. thanks. regards

Hi @Sniki

I look at your most recent release on your Github, and tried to convert your Clover configuration to OpenCore version.

First install, it says that VirtualSMC and other essential kexts are invalid parameter, but the installation continues very slow, 1st stage of installation successful, 2nd stage of installation (one with black screen, apple logo and xy-minutes remaining) also successful, then on the next restart, kernel panic happen.

I look at the kexts, and found out that the problem is my Lilu version not correct, therefore error in loading the next kexts. Of that, I then fix the Lilu version and do the installation from the start including the SSD format. This time, the first stage install successful, but on restart, it is kernel panic (cannot enter into 2nd stage of installation). Please find below the screenshot of the KP.

20200425_200901.jpg

One thing I also notice, the OC boot time took significantly longer time compare to when I install using Clover (I am already using Clover r4290 for my current T440 with Mojave 10.14.6), where I understand generally OC boots faster than Clover.

I understand you already working on a OC version for T440, but out of my curiosity and willingness to understand step by step the work behind hackintosh, I would like to try creating my own config. Therefore, I am grateful if you can give me some pointer in the problem I am currently having.

I also attach my EFI folder if you have some time to check on it.

For this file, I am following the OC guide for Haswell provided in Dortania Github page.

Thank you as always for your great work on Thinkpad x40 series.

EDIT:
After the KP, I switched back to my hardisk with Mojave installed, and it gives the KP report. Maybe it can give some more detail information.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 105
  • KP_CatalinaTest.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 107
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone could help me figure out what I'm missing here. I have a Lenovo T440 (not p, not s, just 440) running Catalina 10.15.5. I'm running older bios with no blacklist/whitelist, and have swapped in an airport card.

The problem I'm having I've narrowed down to two clover config.plist files. If I boot one, my audio stops working, and I am able to adjust my screen brightness.

If I boot the other, I have audio but, but cannot adjust my screen brightness. I've tried to compare the two side by side and have tried various things that I have identified as differences between the two but with no luck. I've tried adjusting the boot arguments (alcid=32) already.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? So close I can taste it. I've attached my two configs here.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• config.pllist-audio_works_no_screen.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 121
  • config.plist-screen-works-no-audio.plist
    20.4 KB · Views: 142
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone could help me figure out what I'm missing here. I have a Lenovo T440 (not p, not s, just 440) running Catalina 10.15.5. I'm running older bios with no blacklist/whitelist, and have swapped in an airport card.

The problem I'm having I've narrowed down to two clover config.plist files. If I boot one, my audio stops working, and I am able to adjust my screen brightness.

If I boot the other, I have audio but, but cannot adjust my screen brightness. I've tried to compare the two side by side and have tried various things that I have identified as differences between the two but with no luck. I've tried adjusting the boot arguments (alcid=32) already.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? So close I can taste it. I've attached my two configs here.

Thanks for your help!

Are you sure you are using correct and latest T440 files from the T440 Github?
I look at your EFI and the battery patch looks suspicious to me, which I assume (or take conclusion) that something is wrong (or maybe you are using the out of date version) with your config.plist.

Brightness key deals with SSDT-KBD.aml that is located in EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched. While audio deals with the layout-id of AppleALC. AFAIK, Clover does not use the alcid at boot arguments, Opencore did. If you use Clover, then you must modify from the Devices-Properties section.

Are you sure you are using correct and latest T440 files from the T440 Github?
I look at your EFI and the battery patch looks suspicious to me, which I assume (or take conclusion) that something is wrong (or maybe you are using the out of date version) with your config.plist.

Brightness key deals with SSDT-KBD.aml that is located in EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched. While audio deals with the layout-id of AppleALC. AFAIK, Clover does not use the alcid at boot arguments, Opencore did. If you use Clover, then you must modify from the Devices-Properties section.

Thanks for taking a look. At this point I'm not sure which GitHub you're referring to, I have come across at least a handful, could you point me to the one you're referring?

Well, I've made some progress. The attached clover config gives me audio and adjustable screen brightness, with one last issue to iron out, hope someone could help - Audio does not work after sleep. I've tried AFGLowPowerState and ResetHDA options, same problem.

Currently using AppleALC 1.4.4 - when I install AppleALC 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 my audio stops working all together, not sure why that is.

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.2 KB · Views: 103
Well, I've made some progress. The attached clover config gives me audio and adjustable screen brightness, with one last issue to iron out, hope someone could help - Audio does not work after sleep. I've tried AFGLowPowerState and ResetHDA options, same problem.

Currently using AppleALC 1.4.4 - when I install AppleALC 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 my audio stops working all together, not sure why that is.

I am using OpenCore in my T440, by combining the guide for T440s that has been very greatly made by @Sniki and combining the SSDTs that specifically made for T440 from his repo in github. It's a learning curve I enjoyed, I must say for OC, but YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back