Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad/XiaoXin 700-15ISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear soto2080 and RehabMan, first of all thank you for this guide because you gave me the opportunity to have macos on my laptop. I have Lenovo Ideapad 700 but with i5 processor. I followed the instructions, prepared the usb (gpt method), created one partition APFS with the disk utility and everything went well but I have a problem with post-installation. I don’t understand the last four steps which soto2080 has written.
I tried to install Clover but won’t boot from the partition where High Sierra is located. I have to access the High Sierra instalation via Clover on installation USB. Am I missing something or do I have to choose some options when installing Clover?
Furthermore, I don’t know where is that hot patch build and how to apply it. If you could write something about that and Ssdt I would appreciate that.
And can you be more precise because I don’t understand the last two steps what to copy and where.
Thank you for your help and time. ☺️

Dear soto2080 and RehabMan, first of all thank you for this guide because you gave me the opportunity to have macos on my laptop. I have Lenovo Ideapad 700 but with i5 processor. I followed the instructions, prepared the usb (gpt method), created one partition APFS with the disk utility and everything went well but I have a problem with post-installation. I don’t understand the last four steps which soto2080 has written.
I tried to install Clover but won’t boot from the partition where High Sierra is located. I have to access the High Sierra instalation via Clover on installation USB. Am I missing something or do I have to choose some options when installing Clover?
Furthermore, I don’t know where is that hot patch build and how to apply it. If you could write something about that and Ssdt I would appreciate that.
And can you be more precise because I don’t understand the last two steps what to copy and where.
Thank you for your help and time. ☺️

Did you configure Clover correctly?
Initially, you typically configure it exactly as you did for USB.
Then begins post-install tweaking.

Thank you for your answer.
No, I did not configure anything, I thought it was not necessary. I see, that’s the mistake.
Does it mean I have to select the same options in Clover installer as I did prior to installation and then delete kexts from EFI/Clover/Other partition on the installation drive and copy necessary kexts to system/library/extensions?
And what about this ssdt thing or .aml script that Soto attaches in #1 post?

No, I did not configure anything, I thought it was not necessary. I see, that’s the mistake.
Does it mean I have to select the same options in Clover installer as I did prior to installation and then delete kexts from EFI/Clover/Other partition on the installation drive and copy necessary kexts to system/library/extensions?

Yes, as per guide linked by post #1 "Installation", this thread.

The post-install in post #1 uses Clover hotpatch.
You can read more about hotpatch here to understand what is going on:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Actually I should separate kexts from Clover build into another Zip but I am too lazy to do it.
What you need to do are put my configure(plist) and ACPI folder into your fresh install Clover.
And then put the kexts from my clover to /L/E(Neither S/L/E nor /EFI/Clover/kext...).

As for why I make SSDT instead of traditional static DSDT patches because of three reasons.
1.the diversity of the model.
In Global market it's called Idea Pad 700, in China market XiaoXin 700.
And there are so many model with very small differs in hardware even in BIOS.
It means what patches you need for there devices are almost the same.
Because of the properties of DSDT, we can't directly use others DSDT.
So the one fit all SSDT patch come out.
2.No need to patches again after a small BIOS upgrade.
3.Saving a lot of time for beginners and time to debug for them.

As for how to use SSDT hot-patch, put my configure(config.plist) and ACPI folder into your fresh install Clover, that's all.

I think when I am free to upgrade the guide I will separate those files into different packages.

Thank you RehabMan and Soto2080 for your assistance and patience :)
There is some progress but I didn't manage to do everything. I will explain in few steps what I did:

1. After I created USB I booted and have installed macOS (file system is APFS which is automatical)
2. From USB Clover I booted into macOS and everything works fine (except audio, ethernet)
3. Downloaded Clover installer and have installed it on High SIerra partition (main). I have to mention that I have 2 disks: SSD on which is installed macOS (format is Mac OS Extended Journaled but converted to APFS) and Storage disk which is HDD (formated in the same way, but I dont know is it converted to APFS)
4. After that, EFI partition showed in Finder and I entered that partition /EFI/CLOVER and deleted configure.plist and ACPI folder, and then I put ACPI folder and configure.plist from soto2080 Clover folder which I downloaded from post °1 of this tread.
5. Then I copied kexts from soto2080 Clover folder (Clover/kexts) to /Library/Extensions folder.
6. After that, I copied ssdt-ideapad700nowifi.aml to EFI/CLOVER (on SSD)
7. I rebooted, and booted from main SSD disk, Clover shows up but there is no High Sierra partition so I had to boot via USB Clover into the High Sierra operating system. The kexts didn't work as well because I still have no ethernet nor audio.

Thank you for your support and advices. Looking forward for your help :)

Thank you RehabMan and Soto2080 for your assistance and patience :)
There is some progress but I didn't manage to do everything. I will explain in few steps what I did:

1. After I created USB I booted and have installed macOS (file system is APFS which is automatical)
2. From USB Clover I booted into macOS and everything works fine (except audio, ethernet)
3. Downloaded Clover installer and have installed it on High SIerra partition (main). I have to mention that I have 2 disks: SSD on which is installed macOS (format is Mac OS Extended Journaled but converted to APFS) and Storage disk which is HDD (formated in the same way, but I dont know is it converted to APFS)
4. After that, EFI partition showed in Finder and I entered that partition /EFI/CLOVER and deleted configure.plist and ACPI folder, and then I put ACPI folder and configure.plist from soto2080 Clover folder which I downloaded from post °1 of this tread.
5. Then I copied kexts from soto2080 Clover folder (Clover/kexts) to /Library/Extensions folder.
6. After that, I copied ssdt-ideapad700nowifi.aml to EFI/CLOVER (on SSD)
7. I rebooted, and booted from main SSD disk, Clover shows up but there is no High Sierra partition so I had to boot via USB Clover into the High Sierra operating system. The kexts didn't work as well because I still have no ethernet nor audio.

Thank you for your support and advices. Looking forward for your help :)
1.If you convert to APFS format, you need to place apfs.efi into EFI/CLOVER/driver64 then you can see your HS disk.
2.ssdt-ideapad700nowifi.aml should be placed into ACPI/Patched and remove SSDT-IDEAPAD700.aml in the same dir.
PS: Don't forget to rebuild cache.

Hi if I do not have jet a BCM94352Z. What do I have to change to ignore BCM94352Z. I will use Ethernet cable for now or until it arrive from china.

Thanks.

Hi if I do not have jet a BCM94352Z. What do I have to change to ignore BCM94352Z. I will use Ethernet cable for now or until it arrive from china.

Thanks.
ssdt-ideapad700nowifi.aml(Attached in #1) should be placed into ACPI/Patched and remove SSDT-IDEAPAD700.aml in the same dir.
PS: Don't forget to rebuild cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back