Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad/XiaoXin 700-15ISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my current issues I'd like to get help on.

Audio hasn't worked for me at all, no matter if I add the SSDT, use AppleALC.kext, or both.
Power is working alright, but it's not lasting long as it should and I feel as if I need to be tethered to a wall like my old T510.

Things that do work
Acceleration and graphics work fine, I couldn't get the display fix working so I opted for SwitchResX for now. Any help on this is appreciated.
Networking is great, I need a solution soon so I got a USB dongle to pass the time until I can get a card to replace it.

For trackpad, using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad is weird. Half of the gestures are unusual and don't really imitate the ones in trackpad settings. Now they may or may not be connected, but I'd at least like to see a version with the actual settings working.

Keyboard is fine, USB is fine, can read all my drives, probably going to switch macOS to the SSD, I just need to transfer everything on my windows machine to a partition on my HDD. (Which macOS is currently on. So that'll be wiped.)

Any help on this is greatly appreciated! :D
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi @RehabMan

I'm trying to update my build from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 but the update is goes in bootloops after booting to it from the Clover (4411) bootloader main page. I've tried to boot from a Clover USB but it does not even boot (verbose output in the attachments). Please can you point me out what I'm doing wrong in the upgrade process? I'm just launching the update from AppStore, then restart and choose the macos install partition in clover, but it keeps bootlooping.

Thank you, and happy new year.

Attachments

• Air.ioreg.zip
    680.6 KB · Views: 112
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • RehabMan.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 106
  • kextstat.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 237
  • verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 153
Hi @RehabMan

I'm trying to update my build from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 but the update is goes in bootloops after booting to it from the Clover (4411) bootloader main page. I've tried to boot from a Clover USB but it does not even boot (verbose output in the attachments). Please can you point me out what I'm doing wrong in the upgrade process? I'm just launching the update from AppStore, then restart and choose the macos install partition in clover, but it keeps bootlooping.

Thank you, and happy new year.

You have no kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.
Why do you think you can boot the installer without essential kexts such as FakeSMC.kext (or VirtualSMC.kext)?

hi @RehabMan
I am using 10.13.6, the graphics card is HD530. When I connect to the external monitor through hdmi, after booting, the notebook is black and the external monitor is normal, but after the sleep wakes up, both monitors can work normally, which makes me very anxious. , need your help, thank you

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 94
  • report.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 133
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 115
Hi @RehabMan
I'm trying to install High Sierra on my laptop - Lenovo Y700.
I've created bootable usb via Clover (MBR). Then I copied drivers64UEFI folder and config.plist from first post here to my CLOVER EFI USB (I attach my clover settings here). After booting from USB I successfully formatted my HDD, and then start installing macOS. Everything was gone fine, but after some time (2 minutes remaining) I got next logs:
osinstallersetupd[605]: Target is not convertible to APFS: You may not install to this volume
osishelperd[622]: Failed to prep /Volume/OS X Base System 1 for brtool
opendirectoryd[186]: [default] Failed to open file <private> [2: No such file or directory]
osishelperd[622]: Boot chime muted
But my target Volume already formatted in APFS (also tried with HFS+ - the same result).
And after that my laptop was rebooted. Installation was continued from HDD, but I got screen "macOs could not be installed on your computer". Booting log I also attach.
I ran terminal and found, that this file doesn't exist. But I really can't understand why installer can't copy it to hardware. I tried do it myself, but after running installation also got error. And I think, that I just just eliminating the consequences, but I need to understand reason of such behavior to fix it.
Hope, that you can help me!
_
UPDATE: don't know a reason, but after several attempts it works.

Attachments

• Installer Log 02-22-19.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 146
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
First of all, I want to thank @RehabMan, without his help, I won't be able to find some stupid settings errors that break many features and fix it.
It's a tiny-ssdt(hot-patch) version of my old post.

lenovo-laptop-ideapad-700-15-main-725x515.png

Specs

• Intel i7-6700HQ with IGPU Intel HD 530
  • 4GB DDR4(2 slots,I add 8GB more personally)
  • 1TB HDD+PM951 128G(One SATA3 slot for 2.5-inch HDD and One M.2 slot supports nvme)
  • 15,6” IPS 1920x1080 (no touchscreen)
  • Nvidia GTX 950M (Can disabled in BIOS)
  • Intel AC3165(Replaced with BCM94352Z)
  • ALC235
  • Reltek RTL8111(RJ-45)
  • 2x USB 3.0 1x USB 2.0
  • Webcam
  • Integrated microphone
  • Integrated loudspeakers (JBL)
  • HDMI Output Port
  • SD card reader
  • 4-cell, 45Wh(Poor)
Broken:
  1. SD Card Reader.
  2. Flight Mode(Fn+F7).
  3. Externel Mic.
  4. Please Tell me.
Installation
What you should do is follow this Guide.
Read it carefully, and some tips here.
1.Our device need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
2.Kexts must have for installation:FakeSMC, Lilu, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, RealtekRTL8111,Any PS2 driver, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
3.Coming soon.

Post-installation
Everything was done via tiny ssdts and Clover.
So only four steps for you to do.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

1.Install Clover on your hard disk.

2.Override it with my hot-patch build(Clover.zip attached).

3.Install kexts from Kexts.zip.(Please follow this guide)

In briefly,
PS: Don't install the following kexts if you don't have 94352Z.
View attachment 296427

4.Rebuild cache using the following commands and then reboot.

HDMI Fix(Optional):
1.Download the DisplayFix attached and use it as a templete.

2.Follow the guide, get your VendorID and ProductID.

2.1 Change name of DisplayVendorID-9e5 to yourself.

2.2 Change DisplayProductID-65d to yourself(Don't forget the .tiff file)

3.Change the DisplayProductID-*** file to yourself(Just like the guide)

4.Download Darwin dumper, from dump list choose EDID and on top of app choose a path for saving files, then hit run.now you have 3 file in your dump folder:EDID.bin, EDID.hex, EDID.txt

5.Download FixEDID, choose "open EDID binary file" and open EDID.bin that created by Darwin dumper

6.Open DisplayVendorIDxxxx/DisplayProductID-*** in your desktop. Override the IODisplayEDID field to the template we use previous.

7.Open the icon.plist, in vendors section, change 9e5 to your one, and its children-65d also.
And change the display-resolution-preview-icon location to your one.
View attachment 296597

Result
View attachment 282313
hi. thank you for review. i want install mojave my Lenovo IdeaPad/XiaoXin 700-15ISK. Can you share clover files and kext for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back