Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad/XiaoXin 700-15ISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.It should be fine in most time. But you should prepare a bootable usb stick for rescue.
2.Not recommend.
3./L/E is the safest and most reliable place to install kexts.

1. Is there any guide?
2. Hmm, I thought it was safe. So, it is best to wait and to see installation advices on this forum? Or, can you explain me how do you update your system.
3. I have installed all kexts to S/L/E... is there any way how to fix that (like delete them from S/L/E and install them again to L/E), or is it better to leave as it is?

Thank you!

1. Is there any guide?
2. Hmm, I thought it was safe. So, it is best to wait and to see installation advices on this forum? Or, can you explain me how do you update your system.
3. I have installed all kexts to S/L/E... is there any way how to fix that (like delete them from S/L/E and install them again to L/E), or is it better to leave as it is?

Thank you!
1.It's your USB stick that used in installation.
2.Normally directly upgrade via AppStore, but some time update may brick the build. so take care of pressing upgrade button.
3.leave as it is, /L/E is linked to /S/L/E, kexts will function normally.

Thanks for the update clover-ideapad 700.
According to the HDMI Fix repair guide, covering the IODisplayEDID laptop does not boot (stay in the second phase can not enter the system), enter the Recovery use terminal delete DisplayVendorID-30e4 normal start, delete IODisplayEDID ,again Add DisplayVendorID-30e4 normal start.
QQ20171207-142137.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.22.54 PM.png

BTW,UPDATE 10.13.2 Successful.
QQ20171207-142634.png

Hello again :)
Yesterday I updated AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext and tried to install 10.3.2. but I got stuck. She new entry shows up in Clover, where I can boot to the update process, but I always get KP.
According to those who have successfully installed 10.3.2. if you do not update Lilu.kext you can get KP.
Can someone help me? Maybe I miss something and did wrong. How to properly update kext?
I just installed these two kexts (Lilu and AppleALC) with Kext Wizard, and rebuild cache and repaired permissions with the same program.
I can boot normally in my 10.3.1. system, but 10.3.2. installation process, which appeared in Clover gets stuck.
Thank you for help!

Thanks for the update clover-ideapad 700.
According to the HDMI Fix repair guide, covering the IODisplayEDID laptop does not boot (stay in the second phase can not enter the system), enter the Recovery use terminal delete DisplayVendorID-30e4 normal start, delete IODisplayEDID ,again Add DisplayVendorID-30e4 normal start.View attachment 297735 View attachment 297736
BTW,UPDATE 10.13.2 Successful.
View attachment 297737
Works fine too.
Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 9.51.38 PM.png

Hello again :)
Yesterday I updated AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext and tried to install 10.3.2. but I got stuck. She new entry shows up in Clover, where I can boot to the update process, but I always get KP.
According to those who have successfully installed 10.3.2. if you do not update Lilu.kext you can get KP.
Can someone help me? Maybe I miss something and did wrong. How to properly update kext?
I just installed these two kexts (Lilu and AppleALC) with Kext Wizard, and rebuild cache and repaired permissions with the same program.
I can boot normally in my 10.3.1. system, but 10.3.2. installation process, which appeared in Clover gets stuck.
Thank you for help!
Error messages please.

How to amend the “default for display”, each start apple logo will suddenly become larger.

I reinstalled the OS...I have created 10.3.2. USB installation drive, using your and Rehabmans guide
Everything works fine!

@soto2080
Hello.
Since I've upgraded 10.13, the battery status has been in trouble all the time
After opening the battery, the battery status bar does not display, and the battery capacity will not change after manual opening.
I updated the battery driver based on the RehabMan tutorial and modified the abm_firstpolldelay=5000. But I didn't try to shut down trim because I didn't turn it off after I restarted with sudo trimforce disable.
Do you know what to do?

@soto2080
Hello.
Since I've upgraded 10.13, the battery status has been in trouble all the time
After opening the battery, the battery status bar does not display, and the battery capacity will not change after manual opening.
I updated the battery driver based on the RehabMan tutorial and modified the abm_firstpolldelay=5000. But I didn't try to shut down trim because I didn't turn it off after I restarted with sudo trimforce disable.
Do you know what to do?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi @soto2080 and @RehabMan,
thanks for the HDMI fix, My work really depends on that. I will follow the steps as soon as I can.
But at the mean time I'm trying to get my (Tenda W311MI) USB Wifi Dongle working. (I didn't change my wireless card because my laptop is under warranty at this time and I can't replace any part).
I'm using "RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext" Driver and "MediaTek Wireless Utility" app. It worked on 10.12 but after fresh install of 10.13 it won't work on High Sierra (It says "No Device") but the kext loads successfully.
Is this a driver problem? I downloaded it from here: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/34089-RT2870USBWirelessDriver/ (The one that says Sierra/HighSierra)
Is there any better Wireless utility? I tested many of them but the base of all of them are the same except some minor UI differences.

UPDATE: I just find out that in the "About" tab of Wireless Utility it doesn't recognise the version of the driver and the app : (

Attachments

• kextstat.png
    kextstat.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 122
  • RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip
    612.9 KB · Views: 74
  • WirelessUtility.png
    WirelessUtility.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 120
  • WirelessUtility About Tab.png
    WirelessUtility About Tab.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 127