Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still using the original Sierra USB installer, I don't tihnk it can read the APFS. Oh boy, the troubles I get myself into lol.

Sierra can read/write APFS.

Ok.

I've never done anything within the Terminal app during the macOS install. Is there a guide or could you briefly explain what I need to do to atleast get booted?

Within OSx Terminal, I mounted the EFI partition and copied over a copy of the Lilu from

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/lilu/downloads/

into the Other folder but it doesn't seem to help. If I've fubar'd this thing I could just reinstall the entire lot. :/

Within OSx Terminal, I mounted the EFI partition and copied over a copy of the Lilu from

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/lilu/downloads/

into the Other folder but it doesn't seem to help. If I've fubar'd this thing I could just reinstall the entire lot. :/

You have to copy it to your system volume at /Library/Extensions:
Code:
cp -R /path-to-Lilu-1.2.2/Lilu.kext /Volumes/name-you-gave-to-your-system-volume/Library/Extensions

You nailed it. I got it copied, booted, updated the repos and everything is working great.

Rehabman
What do you use for imaging/backups? Prior to screwing this laptop up I took a backup with Super Duper but I wasn't able to restore it. Do you use any apps for complete imaging in the event something goes wrong?

Rehabman
What do you use for imaging/backups? Prior to screwing this laptop up I took a backup with Super Duper but I wasn't able to restore it. Do you use any apps for complete imaging in the event something goes wrong?

TimeMachine and Disk Utility images.

Hello. Firstly wanna say Thank you RehabMan for you work. After macOs 10.13.2 clear install everything is working fine
besides one thing showing in attach. Maybe I do something wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.00.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.00.03 AM.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 115
Hello. Firstly wanna say Thank you RehabMan for you work. After macOs 10.13.2 clear install everything is working fine
besides one thing showing in attach. Maybe I do something wrong.

It is likely coded in your EDID.
But what problem does it cause?

It is likely coded in your EDID.
But what problem does it cause?
In general no problems with colors on monitor. But in Sierra it was 32 bit after became 24 bit, strange )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back