Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there Rehabman

Anything special we need to do prior to updating to 10.13.2 (From 10.13)

Hi there Rehabman

Anything special we need to do prior to updating to 10.13.2 (From 10.13)

Nothing special other than normal update requirements (read post #1).
Lilu.kext has already been updated at my bitbucket repo.
Note that I have not updated my u430 yet,... but I expect no issues.

Nothing special other than normal update requirements (read post #1).
Lilu.kext has already been updated at my bitbucket repo.

Well, Something went terribly wrong with mine. I got booted the first time post-update and it said something about a 3rd Party ktext causing trouble with booting and it had disabled them. Stupid me, rebooted and now it just boot loops.

Well, Something went terribly wrong with mine. I got booted the first time post-update and it said something about a 3rd Party ktext causing trouble with booting and it had disabled them. Stupid me, rebooted and now it just boot loops.

You probably forgot update Clover, kexts, etc. prior to running the update, and therefore probably Lilu.kext is the wrong/old version.
For 10.13.2, Lilu.kext must be updated to 1.2.2 (or later).
download.sh and install_downloads.sh will make sure the correct kexts are installed.

System update instructions are in post #1 under heading "System updates".
Read before acting.

Rehabman
lol. Well, In my defense i had read the instructions but I remember them saying run the updates before major updates.. I didn't think I would need it between minor updates but I just re-read the page and it explicitly mentions 10.13-13.2 :/

Lesson learnt. Is there a way I can download the needed ktexts and then mount the SSD on my windows box and copy over the ktexts? I don't really wanna format and start over.

As always man, appreciate your time. Do you have any other laptops you maintain for macos?

No problem updating to 10.13.2 here.
I just followed my own instructions in post #1.

Rehabman
lol. Well, In my defense i had read the instructions but I remember them saying run the updates before major updates.. I didn't think I would need it between minor updates.

That said, Lesson learnt. Is there a way I can download the needed ktexts and then mount the SSD on my windows box and copy over the ktexts? I don't really wanna format and start over.

As always man, appreciate your time. Do you have any other laptops you maintain for macos?

Sometimes minor updates are major. Depends on content and what the update breaks. This time, it broke Lilu 1.2.0.
You will need to update the kext from Terminal within the macOS installer.
As far as "other laptops", read my signature.

Sometimes minor updates are major. Depends on content and what the update breaks. This time, it broke Lilu 1.2.0.
You will need to update the kext from Terminal within the macOS installer.
As far as "other laptops", read my signature.

I'm still using the original Sierra USB installer, I don't tihnk it can read the APFS. Oh boy, the troubles I get myself into lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back