Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rehabman,

Sorry for forgetting about the "problem reporting files", find these attached to this post. I live in Europe, Spain. I have followed the guide "Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2" but it is quite confusing. Do you have the files already patched for this computer? What steps do I need to follow? Thank you for your time and dedication :)

Your files (config.plist, for example) are not up-to-date with respect to the github project.
And you didn't provide kextcache output as requested.

You have a 5ghz patch in config.plist for US FCC. It is appropriate for North American networking gear, but probably not yours. You will need to refer to the guide you mention in order to change the country code embedded in the 'Replace' part of the patch to something appropriate for your region (55 53 is US). I have not done the research required for your region, as I don't live there.

Hello Rehabman!
Soon I am moving to another country, that means I will only have this laptop as my main computer. I have right now OS X 10.11.4 and its working fine, tho I tried to get the bluetooth issue to work and I just had some kernel panics and had to revert the config.plist as it was before. Do you recommend me to upgrade to Sierra? Is it worth to update in your opinion?

I am considering upgrading to Sierra because I love the new features. I don't care about the "Safari+HD4400+certain web video content issue" since I use Chrome. Is there any other issue that may bother my daily use? I mostly use Final Cut Pro, the Adobe Suite with Cinema 4D and Office. And last of all, would bluetooth work as well? (Of course patching the 5ghz patch with my region) or is there any issue with bluetooth on this version of Mac OS X? And what do you think about the "Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover"? is it recommended for this laptop?

Regards

Last edited:
Hello Rehabman!
Soon I am moving to another country, that means I will only have this laptop as my main computer. I have right now OS X 10.11.4 and its working fine, tho I tried to get the bluetooth issue to work and I just had some kernel panics and had to revert the config.plist as it was before. Do you recommend me to upgrade to Sierra? Is it worth to update in your opinion?

I am considering upgrading to Sierra because I love the new features. I don't care about the "Safari+HD4400+certain web video content issue" since I use Chrome. Is there any other issue that may bother my daily use? I mostly use Final Cut Pro, the Adobe Suite with Cinema 4D and Office. And last of all, would bluetooth work as well? (Of course patching the 5ghz patch with my region) or is there any issue with bluetooth on this version of Mac OS X? And what do you think about the "Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover"? is it recommended for this laptop?

Regards

Sierra not recommended due to HD4400/Safari video hang issue.
Most other Sierra specific problems already handled by the guide...
See also: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

I installed macOS 10.12 Sierra on my Lenovo U330. Everything works fine, except the audio. Sometimes the Audio works perfect after reboot, but sometimes it dont works after reboot.

I allready read the point "Known Problemes - Audio" but with macOS 10.12 and the latest version of clover is no reboot without caches possible.

Does somebody has an other idea to solve the problem so that the audio works durable?

I installed macOS 10.12 Sierra on my Lenovo U330. Everything works fine, except the audio. Sometimes the Audio works perfect after reboot, but sometimes it dont works after reboot.

I allready read the point "Known Problemes - Audio" but with macOS 10.12 and the latest version of clover is no reboot without caches possible.

Does somebody has an other idea to solve the problem so that the audio works durable?

Audio should be stable after you get kernel cache stable (eg. quit installing software).
You can also use pre-patch_hda.sh (see Probook guide/repo, or NUC guide/repo) to patch the binary on disk, such that you don't rely on the somewhat unreliable Clover KextsToPatch.

Hello
I have picked up this wifi card
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card

Bluetooth part of the card works but I still don't have wifi is this the right card or did I order the wrong thing

Hello
I have picked up this wifi card
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card

Bluetooth part of the card works but I still don't have wifi is this the right card or did I order the wrong thing

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Attachments

• Frank’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    10 MB · Views: 96
  • Archive.zip
    35.6 KB · Views: 73
Here's the files

You did not provide all files requested in "Problem Reporting". Please read it carefully.

Note: You probably just need to boot without caches, and rebuild cache as per post #1.

You did not provide all files requested in "Problem Reporting". Please read it carefully.

Note: You probably just need to boot without caches, and rebuild cache as per post #1.

Thanks that worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back