Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic here... (this thread is only for the laptops listed in post #1).

With the u430, tapping the screen results in a click. Still single touch on a touchscreen is useless... and I just disable the touchscreen for OS X.

Rehabman hope your doing great.
I'm really enjoying my new Sierra Install in my Lenovo U430. Cheers for your Guide.

I'm trying to disable the Touchscreen just like you did, I know I read it somewhere but now can't seem to find it.

How is it that you do that again?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Rehabman hope your doing great.
I'm really enjoying my new Sierra Install in my Lenovo U430. Cheers for your Guide.

I'm trying to disable the Touchscreen just like you did, I know I read it somewhere but now can't seem to find it.

How is it that you do that again?

Thanks in advance!! :)

The touchscreen is on port HS01. You can disable that port by adding uia_exclude=HS01 to config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

The touchscreen is on port HS01. You can disable that port by adding uia_exclude=HS01 to config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Thanks man !! That did it. I really appreciate all your help. Keep it up .

Cheers.

Hello, Rehabman.

One question.

I've installed everything to my Lenovo U330, doing all the git post-installation.
Now, I've realised I have an ELAN Trackpad. Trackpad is dead and I need to use an USB mouse.
I'm tried to delete some kexts and install the elan ones, but I don't know what I'm doing (deleting Voodoo kext from /Library/Extensions/) because I'm killing my keyboard too.
Can you give me some advice to remove your trackpad kext, without removing the keyboard kext? What can I do?
Thank you very much,

Hello, Rehabman.

One question.

I've installed everything to my Lenovo U330, doing all the git post-installation.
Now, I've realised I have an ELAN Trackpad. Trackpad is dead and I need to use an USB mouse.
I'm tried to delete some kexts and install the elan ones, but I don't know what I'm doing (deleting Voodoo kext from /Library/Extensions/) because I'm killing my keyboard too.
Can you give me some advice to remove your trackpad kext, without removing the keyboard kext? What can I do?
Thank you very much,

You should read the instructions provided by the ELAN kext author.

You should read the instructions provided by the ELAN kext author.
Thank you very much, Rehabman.

I did it, but I'm talking about before using his kext.
When I do all the git post-installation, some kexts are changed, I believe, because keyboard works but not the trackpad. But looking at it all, it seems there's only one kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kextin /Library/Extensions/, so, is this kext responsible of the keyboard and the trackpad, all at the same time? Before that, did we have two different kexts for the keyboard and the trackpad? Which ones?

So, what do I have to do to go back to the moment before "git-post-installation"? I don't want to lose all the improvements I get with that process, but I don't know how to separate trackpad issue with all the rest of the changes (ACPI, SSDT-hack, HD4400, audio, and so on).

I hope I have explained what I try to say correctly (my english could be better, you know).

Thank you very much, Rehabman.

I did it, but I'm talking about before using his kext.
When I do all the git post-installation, some kexts are changed, I believe, because keyboard works but not the trackpad. But looking at it all, it seems there's only one kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kextin /Library/Extensions/, so, is this kext responsible of the keyboard and the trackpad, all at the same time? Before that, did we have two different kexts for the keyboard and the trackpad? Which ones?

So, what do I have to do to go back to the moment before "git-post-installation"? I don't want to lose all the improvements I get with that process, but I don't know how to separate trackpad issue with all the rest of the changes (ACPI, SSDT-hack, HD4400, audio, and so on).

I hope I have explained what I try to say correctly (my english could be better, you know).

VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the kext for Synaptics trackpad (and your PS2 keyboard).
I'm almost certain the ELAN install instructions will ask you to remove this kext (as two PS2 kexts would be a conflict).

Ok.

So, I suppose the VoodooPS2Controller.kext must be updated with the git post-installation. As I have ELAN, it seems the first VoodooPS2... works, but no the git-updated one.

This night I'll git it again (I have a backup of the initial installation, before gitting it), but without changing VoodooPS2 (I'll modify install_downloads.sh without the Voodoo section to get it done).

Thank you again :)

Ok.

So, I suppose the VoodooPS2Controller.kext must be updated with the git post-installation. As I have ELAN, it seems the first VoodooPS2... works, but no the git-updated one.

This night I'll git it again (I have a backup of the initial installation, before gitting it), but without changing VoodooPS2 (I'll modify install_downloads.sh without the Voodoo section to get it done).

Thank you again :)
VoodooPS2 put CLOVER just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back