Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I installed Sierra successfully on my u430 touch. But I have a problem with the activity monitor. After a click on Energy, the monitor crashes and it won't start again. With another User, activity monitor works (except the Button Energy). Is there any way to fox this problem or does anybody have the same problem?

edit: Here is explained how to get activity-monitor working again. But the issue with energy still exists

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1378941?tstart=0

Last edited:
Hey, I installed Sierra successfully on my u430 touch. But I have a problem with the activity monitor. After a click on Energy, the monitor crashes and it won't start again. With another User, activity monitor works (except the Button Energy). Is there any way to fox this problem or does anybody have the same problem?

edit: Here is explained how to get activity-monitor working again. But the issue with energy still exists

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1378941?tstart=0

It is a known problem, documented here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Hi Rehabman.
I'm still under 10.11.6
and as i lost the sound today , i did a complete update following :

cd ~/Projects/u430.git
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
make
make install

now most of the things are bad, no battery, bad display, and display patches and bugs
I suppose you updated things for sierra, and therefore it installed things for sierra on my actual elcapitan?

is there a way to find the working elements to make a proper update for me now ?
what is the current functionnal Clover version to use for your elcapitan install ? r4114 works?

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman.
I'm still under 10.11.6
and as i lost the sound today , i did a complete update following :

cd ~/Projects/u430.git
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
make
make install

now most of the things are bad, no battery, bad display, and display patches and bugs
I suppose you updated things for sierra, and therefore it installed things for sierra on my actual elcapitan?

is there a way to find the working elements to make a proper update for me now ?
what is the current functionnal Clover version to use for your elcapitan install ? r4114 works?

thanks

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi, find the files attached below.
I've updated clover to r4114.
copied the Config.plist from your location, updated SMBios info...

All is back now, but Sound often do not work at the startup, icon is shaded.
no idea why it comes and goes :/

thks

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hi, find the files attached below.
I've updated clover to r4114.
copied the Config.plist from your location, updated SMBios info...

All is back now, but Sound often do not work at the startup, icon is shaded.
no idea why it comes and goes :/

thks

As per post #1, it is a known issue that patched AppleHDA is not stable as you change/install kexts/software.
It should stabilize when you stabilize kernel cache (eg. stop installing software/kexts).
You can use pre-patch_hda.sh to help with that problem.

FYI:

I have now updated my main 10.11/x partition 10.12.x. As a result, I am no longer running 10.11 on this laptop.

Guide has moved to Sierra guides, post #1 here updated to link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back