Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done everything as you said.... Thanks really great instructions... Everything works perfect expect something really weird.... My mouse & keyboard doesn't work on Windows :/... They work great on bios & El Capitan but they doesn't work on Windows....

My setup:
I7 6700K 4.00ghz
GA z170-d3h
16gb ram ddr 4 2666Mhz
2x Samsung 850 eco ssd

Hey Guys!

I'm stuck trying to install Windows 10 after a succesfull OSX Install. I'm getting error code 0xc00000e. I unplugged all drives except the SSD I want to install Windows 10 on, made a bootable USB with the official .iso and press F12 to select that USB when starting up the computer.

It does show the Windows logo for a few seconds, and then gives me this screen. Any idea's?

2016-06-02 09.33.38.jpg

I guess it's a BIOS setting, but can't seem te find which one it is. I tried with my OSX settings and with optimised defaults (F7). I unplugged all USB connections as well.

EDIT: Don't exactly know what fixed it, but after a few new USB creations, using only the upper black USB ports, disabling fast boot and adding the network cable it is currently installing. Sorry for bothering!

Attachments

• 2016-06-02 09.33.38.jpg
    2016-06-02 09.33.38.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I just purchased and installed a Nvidia branded GTX 970 and my Bruce X time went from 42 seconds (with my GT 740) to 25 seconds.

Eventually I'm going to try changing my SMBIOS from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 17,1 but that's for the future.

Hi guys. I have looking for info about my problem but I didn't find anything about my hardware configuration.

I re-installed my hack with this guide and looks good. Right now system is so stable, but when I go to shut down, yes, hack turn off but if I push my keyboard or mouse, my hack turn on again. I tried to fix the problem in clover with fix shutdown but the problem is not fixed. When my hack is sleeping and I try to come back again, hack not respond. I push the keyboard or move the mouse and nothing happens and I have to reboot again. I put I7 6700k.aml inside patch folder at clover cause I read that this item could be fix the problem but nothing happens.

My hardware configuration is like Jerivalu's build.

Anyone knows how I can fix my problems?

Thx guys.

@flymacpara
@zipb
Hi Erwin and zipb,
1) I reloaded 10.11.5 and still have issues with the additional entries. When I rename /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI to /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI.OLD the issue of additional entries stops but I can no longer boot into my installation (even using F12 for UEFI entry) without my thumb drive. If I rename it back, no problems.
NOTE: When I attempt to boot, even unsuccessfully, the UEFI BIOS creates another entry. Curious...
2) When my monitor sleeps I have to hit power button, rather than move mouse or hit space bar, as in windows. Not sure if this is an issue or feature.
3) Lastly, no sound, even with multi-beast 8.2.3.
NOTE 1: Have not yet tried to fix iMessage, so I run into all those problems (expected).
NOTE 2: NVIDIA drivers load (can tell by graphics quality), although OS X Default Graphics Driver still shows as selected in the utility.
I submitted a MultiBeast feature request to see if issue 1 and 3 can be handled via that method.
Frustrated, but patient. Getting close.
Thanks,
ICE8

@flymacpara
@zipb
Hi Erwin and zipb,
1) I reloaded 10.11.5 and still have issues with the additional entries. When I rename /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI to /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI.OLD the issue of additional entries stops but I can no longer boot into my installation (even using F12 for UEFI entry) without my thumb drive. If I rename it back, no problems.
NOTE: When I attempt to boot, even unsuccessfully, the UEFI BIOS creates another entry. Curious...
2) When my monitor sleeps I have to hit power button, rather than move mouse or hit space bar, as in windows. Not sure if this is an issue or feature.
3) Lastly, no sound, even with multi-beast 8.2.3.
NOTE 1: Have not yet tried to fix iMessage, so I run into all those problems (expected).
NOTE 2: NVIDIA drivers load (can tell by graphics quality), although OS X Default Graphics Driver still shows as selected in the utility.
I submitted a MultiBeast feature request to see if issue 1 and 3 can be handled via that method.
Frustrated, but patient. Getting close.
Thanks,
ICE8
EDIT: What is EFI-Backups directory in root of MacIntoshHD? I just noticed that it has two sub-directories that contain sub-directories with date/time stamps as names.

Sleep and proper shutdown do not work for me. Haven't been able to fix this. Some people with the right NVIDIA card at least have sleep working. Some people claim they have proper shutdown with a Z170x-UD5-TH.

Last edited:
@flymacpara
@zipb
Hi Erwin and zipb,

Very carefully follow Erwin steps(I didn't, but I understand his 'method'). Clean up your boot mess often. Save your BIOS settings. At some point, after several tries, it suddenly worked for me. Of course, you need a proper EFI partition with a boot loader on the disk you're trying to boot from.

Sleep doesn't work for me. Well, maybe for a couple of seconds. Didn't work on my old system either. Not very important.

No proper shutdown is quite irritating though, as my CCC script with automatic shutdown doesn't work anymore.

Built in audio out works, AFAIK. Not important at all, as I have a firewire device for proper audio. There were 2 things I had to select in Multibeast, one first, then the other, which I did, and it worked. I wasn't expecting much, but the quality is not bad at all...

@zipb I get proper shutdown and actually don't want sleep either (it's disabled in settings). I'm not going to wipe this build, but I may put it on the back burner for a while - just don't have the time for hacking, like I used to. The ROI for my time is starting to dwindle. Audio is important for me because I require music to get work done and I white noise apps at sleep-time to drown out rude neighbors.
I happen to have EVGA GTX950. Not sure if that helps you. How's the Intel native HD treating you?
Thanks for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back