Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • ioreg.zip
    478.2 KB · Views: 76
  • output1.txt.zip
    613 bytes · Views: 65
  • output2.txt.zip
    662 bytes · Views: 76
  • patchmatic.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 75
Dear all users in this thread. I have setup already a i5 6500 mini with on-board graphics and 8 gb of ram. The mac is connected to my living room TV and occasionally used for just desktop tasks. I like the formfactor of a NUC better compared to my current mini itx. I was wondering how the newer NUCs hold up against my i5 6500 configuration. In principle, if I reach macbook 2017 (pro) specs with the NUC, then I would be content.

Is there anyone who could elaborate on this?

I got the same issue with same model (NUC7i5DNHE)
Tried:
Set DVMT-prealloc 64/128
Skylake spoof
Thank you!

Contrary to your claim, you are not using the Skylake spoof.
Your SSDT-NUC7-DC.aml is not up-to-date... does not match current content in the NUC github (current SSDT-IGPU.dsl uses 0x59160000 for device-id 0x5916, but your SSDT is using 0x59120000).
Update to current github content.

Other suggestions:
- Try using iMac14,1 or iMac14,2.
- Also, you could try a different ig-platform-id.
- Not sure what you mean by DVMT-prealloc 64/128 (not possible to set it to both). Set to 128MB.

Dear all users in this thread. I have setup already a i5 6500 mini with on-board graphics and 8 gb of ram. The mac

That sounds like a hack, not a Mac.

Dear all users in this thread. I have setup already a i5 6500 mini with on-board graphics and 8 gb of ram. The mac is connected to my living room TV and occasionally used for just desktop tasks. I like the formfactor of a NUC better compared to my current mini itx. I was wondering how the newer NUCs hold up against my i5 6500 configuration. In principle, if I reach macbook 2017 (pro) specs with the NUC, then I would be content.

Is there anyone who could elaborate on this?

I’m sorry. You are right ofcourse!

You can read about the various NUC models and specs at intel.com.

Contrary to your claim, you are not using the Skylake spoof.
Your SSDT-NUC7-DC.aml is not up-to-date... does not match current content in the NUC github (current SSDT-IGPU.dsl uses 0x59160000 for device-id 0x5916, but your SSDT is using 0x59120000).
Update to current github content.

Other suggestions:
- Try using iMac14,1 or iMac14,2.
- Also, you could try a different ig-platform-id.
- Not sure what you mean by DVMT-prealloc 64/128 (not possible to set it to both). Set to 128MB.

The problem solved when I connect other monitor HDMI -> HDMI with sound.
Monitor with HDMI -> DVI make issue

First hello and thanks a lot for your How-to my NUC is almost ready to replace my Mac mini.

I do not have many Thunderbolt-3 devices. But I did test with a USB3 adapter to a USB3 hub. Although it worked if the device was plugged in prior to booting, hotplug was not working/not reliable. Maybe a BIOS update will help. The USB-C port did work for my DP monitor.

I try to plug an USB-C adaptater, but nothing happen when I plug an USB stick.

Hello everyone, :)

Sorry if this has been asked 1 billion times, but why not post zipped EFI folder already set for each NUC family/model ?
I understand setting up hackintosh step by step is great and useful, but for people like me who have already built a hackintosh (on Z370n mobo) or noobs thar are afraid to jump in, this would be great !

I am personnally looking for Kit Intel® NUC NUC7i3BNK or Kit Intel® NUC NUC7i5BNK EFI folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back