Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if someone could take a look at my /EFI/CLOVER folder and maybe give me some advices, or a new config.plist...

I've tried like 50 different settings, but I can't seams to pass the DVMT problem, even tho I did the find/replace trick and tried different DVMT settings in the bios.

Which settings do you think I use in the bios setup?

Intel virtualisation technology enable/disable?
Intel AES-NI Enable/disable?
VT-D enable/disable?

DVMT 32/64/128/256/512 Mo?

If I use 32 I get 0 in windows, 64 makes 32 and 128 makes 128 but it doesn't seams to work...

I don't know how but I did manage ONCE to have the graphics kexts to load but the computer froze before boot and I never could get it to do it again after that...

Any help appreciated. With this Clover boot, it does boot and i have a proper graphics ID i think.

edit wrong link... i upload again..
Thanks.

No config.plist or EFI/Clover folder is attached.

It should be there now..

Which settings do you think I use in the bios setup?

Intel virtualisation technology enable/disable?
Intel AES-NI Enable/disable?
VT-D enable/disable?

VT-d should be disabled.

DVMT 32/64/128/256/512 Mo?

Try different values.

You have a couple of settings "fighting"...

In AddProperties, you're setting AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x00001e16 (byte reversed). In Graphics/ig-platform-id, you're setting it to 0x161e0000. I'm not sure which wins (Clover code injects AddProperties prior to the value specified in ig-platform-id, but not sure what OS X does with two injections of same property... whether first or last wins). You might want to double check your intentions.

In addition, most success so far with 0x16160002.

The patch to AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer to disable the asserion is not a good idea. The assertion is telling you whether your configuration is valid... Resolve the root of the problem, don't cover up the assertion.

Start over. Try not to do the thing that causes the problem. Vague question -> vague answer.
Hi RehabMan, Today I want to custom a DSDT, and I get ACPI table on Ubuntu. And use command iasl *.aml to get *.dsl files. But I found some warning like that. It seems that compiler guess some Method. Should I ignore it or do something? Thanks a lot.
image.jpg

I fixed them and then I used a Clover Config program to double check and confirm.

I've disabled USB 3, turned on Legacy support, and I am continuing to use safe and verbose mode.

My installer looks something like this
using safe mode
root device udid is xyz

and it immediately restarts. I am branching out and scouring this site for more info because it may be unrelated to broadwell/hd5500 but I kinda doubt it.

Thanks for the support!
-JC

I'm having the exact same problem as this, I've spent literally the last 3 hours trying as many solutions I could find on these forums and google, I've tried tons of different config.plists including the one someone linked in response to this quoted post, I've tried every boot flag I could find, I've set all my BIOS settings to various settings and tried it, but every single time, it just instantly reboots after displaying "root device udid is [UDID]". I literally cannot figure it out and it is driving me insane, what could it possibly be?

I'm having the exact same problem as this, I've spent literally the last 3 hours trying as many solutions I could find on these forums and google, I've tried tons of different config.plists including the one someone linked in response to this quoted post, I've tried every boot flag I could find, I've set all my BIOS settings to various settings and tried it, but every single time, it just instantly reboots after displaying "root device udid is [UDID]". I literally cannot figure it out and it is driving me insane, what could it possibly be?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Zip your EFI/Clover folder and attach it as Rehabman said.

I think I personally fixed it by switching from the vfsbox hfi driver to hfsplus but it could be any number of causes.

Here it is:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 111
Zip your EFI/Clover folder and attach it as Rehabman said.

I think I personally fixed it by switching from the vfsbox hfi driver to hfsplus but it could be any number of causes.

Just tried using the hfsplus driver instead, clover wouldn't even boot up unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back