Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add HFSPlus.efi. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Limit the kexts you have to only essential kexts. Read same guide above... You seem to have an overload of kexts. For example, why use kexts specific to Haswell graphics on Broadwell?

For config.plist, use the files from the guide above. Modify for Broadwell as necessary.

Thanks for the help, I just tried to boot into the install again after following that guide and removing most kexts, and replacing the config.plist with the 5000 one on your github. I also replaced the vboxhfs driver with the hfsplus one, but unfortunately doing that just causes clover to never come up. So, after putting vboxhfs back, clover boots up again, but trying to open the install just causes it to do the same thing with rebooting immediately... could it have something to do with the vboxhfs driver, or something else entirely? I'll keep messing with the config file but I'm running out of things to think of to change

Thanks for the help, I just tried to boot into the install again after following that guide and removing most kexts, and replacing the config.plist with the 5000 one on your github. I also replaced the vboxhfs driver with the hfsplus one, but unfortunately doing that just causes clover to never come up. So, after putting vboxhfs back, clover boots up again, but trying to open the install just causes it to do the same thing with rebooting immediately... could it have something to do with the vboxhfs driver, or something else entirely? I'll keep messing with the config file but I'm running out of things to think of to change

Attach updated EFI/Clover folder.

What version of Clover?

Attach updated EFI/Clover folder.

What version of Clover?

Ok, here it is. That's the next thing I was gonna ask, I've got the latest version, r3202, installed, and I saw in your guide that you said don't install any version past 3197, should I reinstall clover with a lower version? I wasn't sure if by prevent booting you meant that it prevents booting clover, or prevents booting OS X.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 98
Ok, here it is. That's the next thing I was gonna ask, I've got the latest version, r3202, installed, and I saw in your guide that you said don't install any version past 3197,

Actually, I said don't use a Clover v3197 or newer... But the problem introduced in v3197 was fixed in v3199.

should I reinstall clover with a lower version? I wasn't sure if by prevent booting you meant that it prevents booting clover, or prevents booting OS X.

Prevents booting OS X due to bugs introduced in OsxAptioFix.

But v3202 should work fine, assuming you get all the other things squared away.

Actually, I said don't use a Clover v3197 or newer... But the problem introduced in v3187 was fixed in v3199.

Prevents booting OS X due to bugs introduced in OsxAptioFix.

But v3202 should work fine, assuming you get all the other things squared away.

Hmmm okay... the only other possible thing I can think of is some BIOS setting that needs to be turned off that's normally hidden away, but if that was the case the other guy earlier in this thread with the same computer as me (minus UHD panel) wouldn't have been able to get farther in the installation process than I have... so I have zero idea what else to try, thanks for your help so far, is there anything else you recommend trying?

Hmmm okay... the only other possible thing I can think of is some BIOS setting that needs to be turned off that's normally hidden away, but if that was the case the other guy earlier in this thread with the same computer as me (minus UHD panel) wouldn't have been able to get farther in the installation process than I have... so I have zero idea what else to try, thanks for all your help, is there anything else you recommend trying?

UHD panel is much more problematic than 1080p panel. I'm pretty sure I posted a checklist of fixes required.

Did you take care of all the things previously mentioned?

Note:
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext in your most recent CLOVER is not the correct version
- same goes for VoodooPS2

Your config.plist needs work (it is using Haswell SMBIOS). For installation you should use VESA graphics (Graphics/Inject/Intel=false).

UHD panel is much more problematic than 1080p panel. I'm pretty sure I posted a checklist of fixes required.

Did you take care of all the things previously mentioned?

Note:
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext in your most recent CLOVER is not the correct version
- same goes for VoodooPS2

Your config.plist needs work (it is using Haswell SMBIOS). For installation you should use VESA graphics (Graphics/Inject/Intel=false).

Yeah, I did everything you mentioned previously, updated the two other kexts too, changed the SMBIOS, and set the intel graphics to false. Same thing still happens. I attached my current clover folder. I feel like it's probably some obscure setting or something that I'm missing somewhere, probably... do I need a DSDT file or something?

Also I googled around about this kind of problem and it seems like a solution for a lot of people was to use a patched mach_kernel, but I'm not so sure if that's applicable here

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 88
Yeah, I did everything you mentioned previously, updated the two other kexts too, changed the SMBIOS, and set the intel graphics to false. Same thing still happens. I attached my current clover folder. I feel like it's probably some obscure setting or something that I'm missing somewhere, probably... do I need a DSDT file or something?

Also I googled around about this kind of problem and it seems like a solution for a lot of people was to use a patched mach_kernel, but I'm not so sure if that's applicable here

Your SMBIOS settings in this config.plist are invalid. drivers64UEFI lacks HFSPlus.efi.

Your SMBIOS settings in this config.plist are invalid. drivers64UEFI lacks HFSPlus.efi.

I've been trying to use the hfsplus driver, but every time I replace the vhfsbox driver with the hfsplus one, clover doesn't even boot up, it just shows a black screen the whole time. I only ever get clover to boot with the vhfsbox driver. Would using vhfsbox instead of hfsplus cause the reboot issue I'm having?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back