Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had problems starting clover if I used HFSPlus and disabled VBoxHfs in drivers64uefi. after deleting hfsplus and enabling vboxhfs, clover started.

You must have installed HFSPlus.efi incorrectly... It works (better than VBoxHfs).

Hi, I've been trying to have my graphic card works with this guide but I've been wondering if I'm doing things properly... Its the first time I do anything like that.

I'm using an asus laptop, with Intel Core 5Y10 processor and Intel 5300 graphic card.

My Dedicated Video Memory is 0MB, so I tried to "patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary file.
Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C."

I did so using hex fiend, on the file located at /system/library/extention/AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/MacOs

Is that the correct way to do it?

The I changed the value in Config.playlist like this.

I'm using 0x161e0000 because I think its the one for my card, I tried to change the last digit with 1 or 2 without luck.

No matter what I do, I end up with : (IGPU) : graphic drivers failed to load: could not register with frame buffer drivers.

Unless If I use clover option before booting, like this :

Then I don't have the graphicbuffer error, but It doesn't change anything...
I still have "no Kext Loaded" in system information...

Any idea what I should try please?

I had problems starting clover if I used HFSPlus and disabled VBoxHfs in drivers64uefi. after deleting hfsplus and enabling vboxhfs, clover started.

I try your EFI files, and it can get into Clover, but stop at a line"System update time in nano... is: xxxxx". It seems is my EFI folder problem. It's time to sleep. I will keep working tomorrow. Good night.

Hi, I've been trying to have my graphic card works with this guide but I've been wondering if I'm doing things properly... Its the first time I do anything like that.

I'm using an asus laptop, with Intel Core 5Y10 processor and Intel 5300 graphic card.

My Dedicated Video Memory is 0MB, so I tried to "patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary file.
Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C."

I did so using hex fiend, on the file located at /system/library/extention/AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/MacOs

Is that the correct way to do it?

The I changed the value in Config.playlist like this.

I'm using 0x161e0000 because I think its the one for my card, I tried to change the last digit with 1 or 2 without luck.

No matter what I do, I end up with : (IGPU) : graphic drivers failed to load: could not register with frame buffer drivers.

Unless If I use clover option before booting, like this :

Then I don't have the graphicbuffer error, but It doesn't change anything...
I still have "no Kext Loaded" in system information...

Any idea what I should try please?

Why your vendor id is 0x0000? Try inject vendor id as 0x8086 in your dsdt

Yes, I had disable secure boot. Here is my EFI folder.

You didn't install Clover to the USB correctly (missing FSInject).

The kexts in Clover/kexts/Other are wrong.

The config.plist is missing the Graphics section.

Hi,
I have a XPS13, which hardware is almost same to X1 Carbon(Gen 3), following this guide, I had change the stolenMemory to 96MB, but when I try to install OS X, I can't get into Clover, can you share your EFI bootable files?

Try to delete CSM****.efi in /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/

Something for the pros to think about:

When I try to use Clover to boot the OSX installer, I have to use ig-platform-id: 0x16160004 which, when I get into the actual operating system is SUPER laggy and only shows 4mb of ram. However, once the OS is installed I can switch back to 0x16160002 and everything is great. This is for the X1 Carbon, I7-5600U processor.

Its no big deal, granted I don't understand why I get the Framebuffer error in the installer using 0x1616002 and not in the OS. I thought you might find this interesting and it might help someone else later.

Something for the pros to think about:

When I try to use Clover to boot the OSX installer, I have to use ig-platform-id: 0x16160004 which, when I get into the actual operating system is SUPER laggy and only shows 4mb of ram. However, once the OS is installed I can switch back to 0x16160002 and everything is great. This is for the X1 Carbon, I7-5600U processor.

Its no big deal, granted I don't understand why I get the Framebuffer error in the installer using 0x1616002 and not in the OS. I thought you might find this interesting and it might help someone else later.

0x16160004 is not a valid ig-platform-id, so it effectively disables proper graphics (system falls back to VESA drivers). You could do the same by setting config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false since injecting an invalid id is the same as not injecting one at all.

Goes to show how little I actually know.

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back