Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to use the hfsplus driver, but every time I replace the vhfsbox driver with the hfsplus one, clover doesn't even boot up, it just shows a black screen the whole time. I only ever get clover to boot with the vhfsbox driver. Would using vhfsbox instead of hfsplus cause the reboot issue I'm having?

I also have XPS13, but my CPU is I7-5500U. HFSPLUS can't work on my laptop, instead of vhfsbox.
My Clover version is 3202.Here is my EFI folder files. You can try it. But is not work well. I suffer [GPU Reset] issue. Some item on "Kernel And Kexts to Patche" is to make DW-1560(Brcm4352) to work.
View attachment EFI.zip

Hey im really having a hard time using those hex editors. Could someone just give me a modified version for intel hd 5500 which i just have to copy and paste in s/l/e.

I've been trying to use the hfsplus driver, but every time I replace the vhfsbox driver with the hfsplus one, clover doesn't even boot up, it just shows a black screen the whole time. I only ever get clover to boot with the vhfsbox driver. Would using vhfsbox instead of hfsplus cause the reboot issue I'm having?

I've never seen that happen. Could be BIOS/UEFI/BIOS option issue...

I also have XPS13, but my CPU is I7-5500U. HFSPLUS can't work on my laptop, instead of vhfsbox.
My Clover version is 3202.Here is my EFI folder files. You can try it. But is not work well. I suffer [GPU Reset] issue. Some item on "Kernel And Kexts to Patche" is to make DW-1560(Brcm4352) to work.
View attachment 135681

Ugh even after directly copying everything from your clover folder over, mine still does the same exact thing, what did you set in the BIOS? did you do anything special besides just make the clover usb?

Ugh even after directly copying everything from your clover folder over, mine still does the same exact thing, what did you set in the BIOS? did you do anything special besides just make the clover usb?
Disable secure bootEnable Legacy Support
Can you post the screenshots?

Same machine, same issue here also

I get black screen when the "VBoxHfs" is in the "disabled drivers" section, remove this and I can get to the Clover menu, but doesn't see the installer partition then. "HFSPlus.efi" is in the correct folder and is the same one as provided earlier in this thread.

Using UEFI boot option, as that's what was specified when the Clover was installed on the USB. Selecting legacy boot throws a partition table error.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 84
Same machine, same issue here also

I get black screen when the "VBoxHfs" is in the "disabled drivers" section, remove this and I can get to the Clover menu, but doesn't see the installer partition then. "HFSPlus.efi" is in the correct folder and is the same one as provided earlier in this thread.

HFSPlus.efi is linked by the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I don't know about an HFSPlus in this thread...

In the past, there has been memory map issues that prevented HFSPlus.efi from working, so it is not inconceivable that a new architecture would present new challenges. You can also try different memory map solutions (OsxLowMemFix, OsxAptioFix2, or without any of them).

Using UEFI boot option, as that's what was specified when the Clover was installed on the USB. Selecting legacy boot throws a partition table error.

Legacy boot requires a different Clover setup.

Hi, I was wrong, it's running native 3200x1800 :)

View attachment 134711

However, yesterday I was still experiencing some freezing problems. few minutes after start, osx just froze. I tried few other versions of fakesmc as suggested, but it didn't help. Then I changed the DVMT few times, and after last change to 96mb, my dell was bricked. I always checked 2-3 times if the setup_var command is written correctly, so I don't know what happend, it was just bricked.

Today I got brand new xps13 replacement and I decided to do NOT any BIOS modifications, just disabled secure boot and enabled legacy support. And guess what, after patching the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer (Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C) it started without any problems! And no freezing issues (got it running a few hours).

Regarding the IOKit patch I used this command
Code:
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit
        sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

View attachment 134712

View attachment 134713

If someone is interested, there's my entire EFI folder as attachment. I've got WIFI working with asus usb n10, sound with latest voodoohda, touchscreen is also working. I'll continue to work on other functionality.

Hi, is your Laotop work fine on Yosemite? What is your BIOS version?
Following your suggestion, I reflash the BIOS, and make sure that DVMT is 32MB. I check that on EFI Shell(var 0x183 is 0x1). Then I install again. But, It's annoying that I was still experiencing some freezing problems.

Hi, is your Laotop work fine on Yosemite? What is your BIOS version?
Following your suggestion, I reflash the BIOS, and make sure that DVMT is 32MB. I check that on EFI Shell(var 0x183 is 0x1). Then I install again. But, It's annoying that I was still experiencing some freezing problems.

I tried doing the same thing, but I think I'm getting ahead of myself, I don't think I need to worry about setting the DVMT until I actually get it booting haha... but anyways, I set it in EFI shell and it confirmed that it's changed, but Windows still reports 0MB of dedicated memory, not sure what's up with that.

I literally have no idea what else to try, I've tried so many settings in the BIOS, I've got secure boot disabled, the only thing I can think of is that the hidden setting "CFG lock" is set to enable, but I changed that with the EFI shell and it confirmed that it's changed... I mean god this is so frustrating, I'm using the exact same EFI folder as you now, same computer... I know this flash drive works because it boots into OS X installer on my desktop, I guess I'll try just remaking the flash drive just because I've run out of things to try, now I am desperate to get this to work, did you ever run into the issue I'm having or did yours always boot?

EDIT: What I mean by hidden BIOS settings is what they talk about in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/144351-guide-dell-xps-9530-using-clover-uefi.html I'm not sure if it's even necessary for our computer though, as obviously you and the other guy in this thread got theirs booting without having to do that...

OH
MY
GOD
OH MY GOD
it was rebooting instantly because I had turned off "execute disable bit" in the BIOS... and on a whim I enabled it again... and it works now.... well sort of, now it hangs on "ACPI:" forever, but that's way further than it used to get...

Also, I still have the issue where I set the DVMT to 92MB with the EFI Shell, and it says it changed, but in Windows, the dedicated video memory still says 0MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back